Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
User_of_mobile
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: iHeartRadio Update

I think we all understand that commercial contracts/agreements do change.

I dont think that Optus has mislead people here, but as we all use our mobile services for different reasons, the included streaming options could have been a substansial factor in signing up.

I dont think that compensation is warranted here, but at the very least, customers are offered a release from their remaining contract to change plans or port out if they desire.  To force a customer to continue their contract would not be fair.

This should have been communicated in the original post by the Optus rep, not advising customers to contact Optus to explore their options.  Poor customer service, Optus.

Questseekerharr
New Contributor
New Contributor

Not Happy!. I use iHeart everyday at work. Even to stream when camping!

It's also connected via Android Auto in the car.

Suggest renegotiate with iHeart.. You've got a lot of unhappy customers here.. maybe lose lots too!

0 Kudos
Trishaaa_05
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is total and utter bollocks! I use iheart radio all day every day, major part of why I came over to Optus. Sort it out or reimburse us, as it's part of our contract with you. You would expect us to pay if we wanted to leave before our contract is up so why should we have to pay you for something that you have decided. Not fair!

0 Kudos
Erinlee83
New Contributor
New Contributor

So your basically not honouring the contract ? So I don’t have to pay a portion of my bill? If you get negate some of the contract then so can I ! Please let me know what discount or benefits are going to compensate this break in contract or I start garnishing my payment to Optus 

thanks have a great day 😉 

0 Kudos
benny69
New Contributor
New Contributor

Well I recontracted a few months ago and this was explicitly offered as part of it. I think a reduction of monthly fees will be in order. I'll be requesting this from a chat agent in the near future. 

Don't make promises you aren't willing to keep. 

0 Kudos
User_of_mobile
New Contributor
New Contributor

Now, I'm not defending Optus here, far from it.

But they way I read their announcement is that iheart terminated the agreement with Optus.  It sounds like Optus doesnt have a choice.  iheart can licence their music to, or not, whoever they want.

So whilst it may not be something Optus can rectify, plan price reductions wont work, its too manually intensive.

Request that Optus release you from contract without penalty, you'll have to pay out the handset or give it back.  If they fail to release without penalty, then I'd be seeking TIO assistance and argue that this is a substansial change in the product and no longer meets your requirements.

It would be good to see an Optus rep come back here and address people's concerns, not just post and run.

Good luck everyone.

0 Kudos
Jansttejanette
New Contributor
New Contributor

I left telstra after many years this was a bad move..honour the contract we signed..as we have to honour it..there seems to be many comments here but I haven't seen 1 reply from optus..yet another greedy company

0 Kudos
Kefeufa
New Contributor
New Contributor

Any Optus rep gonna say any else?? Just silence from Optus.

0 Kudos
Bodes85
New Contributor
New Contributor

Honestly I don't care about your contract with heart radio, I care about my contract with Optus.

I heart radio being data free was 100% the reason why I signed up to Optus mobile. If you aren't going to absorb the data then please provide an avenue for which me to leave Optus as a service provider and go somewhere that better suits my needs

0 Kudos
AlistarS
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey everyone,

You should be able to discuss your options via the webchat link or phone number regarding the iHeartRadio changes.

In regards to replacing the streaming services, I've provided the feedback to the team.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos