cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

iHeartRadio Update

iHeartRadio is a streaming service that is currently included in Optus’ data free streaming offer. Our agreement with iHeartRadio will cease on 26 October, 2019.

This means that iHeartRadio will no longer be part of the music streaming offer. Google Play Music and Spotify will remain, for both Postpaid (Mobile and Mobile Broadband) and Prepaid.

I’m currently using iHeartRadio how will I be impacted?

Postpaid Mobile and Mobile Broadband

If you have used iHeartRadio in the last 6 months and within the minimum term of your contract or on a M2M or no longer in a contract, you would have received an email or SMS advising you that iHeartRadio will now be counted against your data allowance. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us via chat or on 133 937.

Prepaid

If you’re on eligible plans that offers data free music streaming and have used iHeartRadio in the last 6 months, you would have received an SMS advising that iHeartRadio will now be counted against your data allowance as of the 26th October 2019. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us via chat or on 133 937.

FAQs

Why is iHeartRadio being removed from the music streaming offer?
Our agreement with iHeartRadio has been terminated.

If you stream music on iHeartRadio from 26 October 2019 will you get charged for data usage?
Yes, you will be charged for data usage.

How will you know if you get data free music streaming or not?
If you are on Prepaid, you will see MyMusic Selected Apps listed when you purchase an eligible recharge via the My Optus app. If you are on Postpaid, refer to the Service tab at the bottom of the screen, “Service Settings”, “Entertainment” and then “Music Streaming”.

Is this going to impact my data usage, who can I contact to discuss?
Our friendly chat agents will be able to assist if you have any questions or concerns, alternatively you can call us on 133 937.

if you have any questions or concerns, you can call us on 133 937.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
New Contributor CharlieS
New Contributor

Re: iHeartRadio Update

What contract with iHeartRadio? Can we see it?

New Contributor BobbyD
New Contributor

Why isn't a new service being offered as a replacement? (Bring back Pandora?)

Google Play Music is kind of useless and Spotify has some strange ideas on what you might like to listen to, also overflowing with ads.

Tags (1)
New Contributor Bern3003
New Contributor

Sweet, you dishonoured your contract with me and now I can do the same with you.

Win win!

New Contributor Apr
New Contributor

Understandable partnerships and contracts change.

However, if the case, Optus should offer to honor and absorb the data charges to continue the free streaming. At the very least to existing customers on a plan until said plan expires! Iheartradio was one of the main reasons I converted from Telstra to Optus. Not happy.

Just checked and seems only those signed up prior to May 2018 will get some kind of compensation. Why by that date only and not all existing customers? Not fair trading... 

New Contributor Quec1120
New Contributor

Link to the compensation, please? 

New Contributor cleverliving
New Contributor

thats crap. i use espn radio all day while working and is a main reason why i got my plan. how will i be compensated cknsidering it was sold to me under fals pretenses? 

New Contributor Garn_get_F____
New Contributor

I got interested in joining Optus for the fact I could use iHeartRadio without touching my data yeah this was on the contract and now you guys have just taken it away this is unsportsman like I'm disappointed in Optus for the fact that you guys lured people in to get your numbers up and get paid then crap on everyone by taking things away 

Soon as contracts finish I'm out

New Contributor Kefeufa
New Contributor

This is *moderated*. Where's the compensation!!?

0 Kudos
New Contributor IReallyHatePeas
New Contributor

I am sure if I tried to make changes to my contract midstream, Optus would kick up a stink. Poor form!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors