cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

iHeartRadio Changes

iHeartRadio is a streaming service that is currently included in Optus’ data free streaming offer. Our agreement with iHeartRadio will cease on 26 October, 2019.

This means that iHeartRadio will no longer be part of the music streaming offer. Google Play Music and Spotify will remain.

I’m currently using iHeartRadio how will I be impacted?

If you signed up by 20 May 2018, have used iHeartRadio in the last 6 months and within the minimum term of your contract, you would have received an email or SMS advising you that 10GB of data will be added to your service for 24 months. This will begin from 26 October 2019 and will be removed if you recontract, change or cancel your plan. You don’t need to do anything, the 10GB data will be applied to your account automatically.

FAQs

Why is iHeartRadio being removed from the music streaming offer?
Our agreement with iHeartRadio has been terminated.

If you stream music on iHeartRadio from 26th October 2019 will you get charged for data usage?
Yes, you will be charged for data usage.

How will you know if you get data free music streaming or not?
If you are on Prepaid, you will see MyMusic Selected Apps listed when you purchase an eligible recharge via the My Optus app. If you are on Postpaid, refer to the Service tab at the bottom of the screen, “Service Settings”, “Entertainment” and then “Music Streaming”.

Is this going to impact my data usage, who can I contact to discuss?
Our friendly chat agents will be able to assist if you have any questions or concerns, alternatively you can call us on 133 937.

It’s the 26th October and it seems that the 10GB of data wasn’t added to my account?

Our friendly chat agents will be able to assist if you have any questions or concerns, alternatively you can call us on 133 937.

Top Contributors