Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Tiredofoptus7
Occasional Contributor

Re: i wish to turn off the extra mobile data after my limit has been reached

General Information

Chat Start Time Chat End Time Chat Duration Operator Interaction ID
Jun 20, 2018 10:29:33 Australia/Melbourne Jun 20, 2018 10:41:24 Australia/Melbourne 00:11:50 Norwyn INT-va1appis11-1529454341001-115506
Auto-Generated Message (10:25:47 Australia/Melbourne) : Solution Type: "UDE Chat"
Auto-Generated Message (10:25:47 Australia/Melbourne) : Hi, this is Oliver D, your Optus Sales consultant. How can I help?
Visitor (10:27:21 Australia/Melbourne) : XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX my account number my name is laurie thompson XX/XXXX/XXX my mobile number is [MODERATED] last week i asked for the mobile data to be switched off twice and was assured it would be done and as yet still hasnt been done i will not pay your over charges for something your people didnt do
Visitor (10:27:34 Australia/Melbourne) : so i want to have the job done right now
Visitor (10:28:13 Australia/Melbourne) : mobile data to be disabled on that number to avoid over charges in the future for the duration of that contract
Oliver D (10:28:46 Australia/Melbourne) : I will transfer this chat to service chat team who can look into this for you and help you further.
Visitor (10:29:03 Australia/Melbourne) : any charges added since that request be waved for not being authorised as of that date
Visitor (10:29:14 Australia/Melbourne) : do what u do
Info (10:29:27 Australia/Melbourne) : Oliver D has transferred this interaction.
Info (10:29:33 Australia/Melbourne) : The interaction has been transferred to Norwyn
Auto-Generated Message (10:29:35 Australia/Melbourne) : Solution Type: "UDE Chat"
Norwyn (10:31:05 Australia/Melbourne) : Hi there! Thanks for reconnecting with us. Please allow me a moment to read your previous chat.
Visitor (10:31:56 Australia/Melbourne) : yea it is all explained lets just get it done properly this time
Norwyn (10:32:45 Australia/Melbourne) : Sure
Visitor (10:35:24 Australia/Melbourne) : ?
Norwyn (10:36:01 Australia/Melbourne) : I had a check also see that the request was is in pending status so I have completed the pending status now and also the data is barred now 
Visitor (10:37:21 Australia/Melbourne) : AND THE OVER CHARGED DATA THAT WAS USED SINCE THE ORIGINAL REQUEST WILL TAKEN OFF THE BILL IT SHOULD NOT OF EXCEEDED ITS AMOUNT THE REQUEST SHULD NOT OF TAKEN 8 DAYS TO PROCESS
Norwyn (10:37:55 Australia/Melbourne) : Yes, I totally understand your concern and I agree it was delay from the Optus end .
Visitor (10:38:02 Australia/Melbourne) : YES IT WAS
Visitor (10:38:13 Australia/Melbourne) : and i wont be held liable
Visitor (10:38:29 Australia/Melbourne) : so i want that taken off and i will save these transcripts
Visitor (10:38:51 Australia/Melbourne) : you can email it to me aft5er this conversation so we will both have records
Visitor (10:39:17 Australia/Melbourne) : on my optus email xxx@xxx.xxx
Norwyn (10:39:35 Australia/Melbourne) : So, in that case what best I can do here is let me make a clear note on your account about this conversation , so once you received a new bill please do come back in live chat and ask the agent to check my note to waive off the charges from XX/XXXX.XXX to till today XX/XXXX.XXX.
Norwyn (10:39:50 Australia/Melbourne) : Yes, please .
Visitor (10:39:51 Australia/Melbourne) : thank you
Norwyn (10:40:05 Australia/Melbourne) : Also I do help you with the ref number for this conversation .
Visitor (10:40:12 Australia/Melbourne) : or however long it takes thos time
Norwyn (10:40:19 Australia/Melbourne) : The ref number for this conversation is : XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Norwyn (10:40:38 Australia/Melbourne) : You will be sent a copy of the transcript via email once the chat has ended.
Visitor (10:40:40 Australia/Melbourne) : all over charges from XX/XXXX/18 till the data is switched off
Norwyn (10:40:42 Australia/Melbourne) : I have sent a email .
Visitor (10:40:51 Australia/Melbourne) : thank you
Norwyn (10:40:51 Australia/Melbourne) : Yes, you are correct !
Visitor (10:40:55 Australia/Melbourne) : have a nice day
Norwyn (10:41:12 Australia/Melbourne) : No worries we are there to take care of the charges .
Norwyn (10:41:15 Australia/Melbourne) : Take care 
Norwyn (10:41:16 Australia/Melbourne) : Bye 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

i always use chat and get directed to billing it gives me transcripts because the company is unreliable i like it in writting and funny thing i dont often get diconnected like i do with your phone services 

I WONT BE PAYING ANY EXTRA CHARGES FOR MOBILE DATA IT WAS OFFICALLY CUT OFF ON THE 20TH JUNE ANY EXTRA YOUR COMPANY WILL REMOVE FROM MY ACCOUNT
I HAVE THE IN WRITTING 

PEOPLE SHOULD SAVE TRANSCRIPTS 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

ON THE 20TH OF JULY 2018 THE MOBILE DATA IS STILL ON 

IT STILL HASNT BEEN DONE 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

REVISED TURN OFF DATE 

OH THIS WASTE SO MUCH TIME 

DISABLED ON TUE THE 12TH OF JUNE 2018.

TRANSCRIPTS WITH BILLING WILL CONFIRM THE REQUEST 

AS MENTION IN NEW TRANSCRIPTS 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

DISABLED ON TUE THE 12TH OF JUNE 2018.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Can I go in and check for you @Tiredofoptus7? If you have incurred excess data charges after the date you'd contacted us, I'm happy to see what we can do.

How many times have you been charged for additional data use? If you could send us a private message with your details, that'd be great!

We need your full name, DOB and mobile number. You can send your details through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I obviously cant spend every waking hour on this when I personally went through your chat service and was told on the 12th of June this would be taken care of and considering I am still paying for data I wont be using once you do as requested to save me being over billed but the likn you gave me only links back to this chat anyway . the second lot of transcripts should be enough for you to find the account concerned.and fix it . i have had two over charges since the disconnection notice was sent and authorised this as usual is becomeing a full time career. My bill should only have Home Internet and one mobile phone no extra charges since 12 june 2018 so far I am only paying what I owe but as usual your company is adding on extra charges while I wait for them to do their job 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @Tiredofoptus7, the initial transcript was edited to remove your phone number, this is a public forum and so we advise against posting any personal or account-specific details in discussion threads. We would still need to verify the details Dan_C mentioned above, this needs to be done in a private discussion.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Latest update this matter is Still ongoing and I definitely have a better idea of how this is best handled so here are some tips while I wait for the final outcome (it’s a total joke ) and has been very tiresome and inefficient but thankful to better to understand the system so others won’t have to go through this by reading this 

IF THE DATA CONSUMPTION IS BEING CONSUMED BY A TEEN AND CONTROLED BY A PROFIT AND YOUR BEING MADE TO SUFFER FINACIAL HARDSHIP AS A RESULT 

IN CHAT YOU WILL NEED TO COPY AND PASTE TO A DOCUMENT AS YOU GO BECAUSE THEY CAN AND WILL CUT YOU OFF IN THE PROCESS, SO YOU CAN THEN JUST SEND IT TO THE NEXT OPERATOR IN LINE AND KEEP COPIES FOR FUTURE REFERENCE 

STEP ONE

ASK TO SPEAK TO MOBILE BILLING SAY YOU WISH TO HAVE THE MOBILE DATA BE DISABLED (YOU WILL STILL BE PAYING FOR YOUR ALLOWANCE PER MONTH AND CAN’T USE IT )

BUT IT WILL SAVE YOU THE OVERCHARGES I SUGGEST YOU CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT AND CHOSE A MORE AFFORDABLE PROVIDER LIKE YOMOJO WITH A DASHBOARD THAT ALLOWS YOU TO CHOOSE HOW MUCH YOU CAN AFFORD THEN IT AUTOMATICALLY CUTS OFF SOMETHING OPTUS CAN’T DO HENCE THIS DEBARCKLE. 

THEN GET A REFERANCE NUMBER AND COPY AND PASTE TO YOUR WORD DOCUMENT WITH THE TRANSCRIPTS YOU ARE SAVING TO THE SIDE AS YOU CHAT IN CASE THEY CUT YOU OFF 

STEP TWO

ASK TO BE TRANSFERED TO TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND WITH THAT SAVED CHAT ALREADY IN YOUR CHAT BOX HAVE THEM REFER TO THE REFERANCE NUMBER AND HAVE THEM MANUALLY SWITCH OFF YOUR MOBILE DATA TO THAT PHONE ONCE THIS IS DONE ASK FOR ANOTHER REFERANCE NUMBER 

STEP THREE

WITH BOTH THOSE REFERENCE NUMBERS FROM MOBILE AND FROM TECHNICAL YOU GO BACK TO MOBILE BILLING TO MAKE SURE THE DISCONNECTION OF MOBILE SERVICES HAS BEEN ENTERED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS AND HOW LONG THEY SHOULD GIVE YOU A TIME WHEN IT WILL IT BE  CUT OFF BEFORE IT TAKES EFFECT AND ADD THAT TO YOUR CHAT TRANSCRIPTS, SO IT SHOULD BE COMPLETE

THEN ON YOUR NEXT BILL MAKE SURE THE SERVICE STILL ISNT CHARGING YOU 

MINE DID FOR 2 MORE MONTHS BUT IM HOPING THIS WILL SAVE IT HAPPENING TO YOU 

I CURRENTLY HAVE OVER 90 PAGES OF TRANSCRIPTS SO FAR ON THIS MATTER AND WAS CUT OFF 4 TIMES OVER 8 DAYS 

OVER 2 MONTHS

THE ABOVE STEPS SHOULD HOPEFULL SAVE YOU DOING WHAT I HAD TO 

Next month i will see if it has now been finally sorted and i go back to my orignial $45 and $60 per month i signed up for 

Never do business with optus over the phone you cannot save chat and optus do not talk to their whole team as they do business and can deny any changes you make in favour of profit the chat has been provided as a safeguard to your time and effort and should be saved by you as you go on a word document

The last transcript over my overcharge and the new issue of credit was meant to of been sent by the operator but never was but i saved it as i went along

On three occasions my transcripts saved me some time and over $900 in over charges they tried to deny but i had it in writing

Just waiting on till the end of my contract good luck to everyone

New update next month …..fingers crossed

0 Kudos
New Contributor Maurice32
New Contributor

Not being able to control ie turn off extra data is very underhanded from a company like Optus. 

We all need to report this behavior to the communication ombudsman

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Please visit our help and support page Understanding and Managing your Data Usage for tips on how to avoid reaching extra mobile data.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors