Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
cevinnnnnn
New Contributor
New Contributor

how to stop the plan but keep the number

hey, I just want to know how to stop all the plans but still keep the number? cuz I'm not in Australia now due to the COVID-19, and I can't use the cell phone, but I still need to pay all the bills. Just want to keep this number, and stop the plans. thanks for helping!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: how to stop the plan but keep the number

@cevinnnnnn   Have a look for a low cost long term pre paid provider and port the number.  The logisitics of getting the sim is the difficulty.
Aldi Mobile and Amaysim are a couple of providers that I know of that offer this type of plan. 

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: how to stop the plan but keep the number

As tiger says, port your number to the $10 a year Amaysim plan. These days most couriers will leave packages by the door.

Alternatively talk to Optus (twitter or facebook) and confirm they can move your account to your existing SIM as a prepaid long expiry. $30 covers 6 months and then you can leave it expired for another 3 months no problems and then recharge it for another 6 months for another $30 if needed.

https://www.optus.com.au/prepaid/starter-kits?SID=con:prehome:store:sd:simsandplans-tiletwo:apr20:st...

Just confirm they will use your existing SIM for the new prepaid service.

Finally if you're stuck due to COVID and not on contract then Optus should be able to reduce the monthly bill to $0 under hardship provisions. Can't hurt to ask.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors