cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

ekramc
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

how to manage without phone

I have recently moved 3 mobile to Optus. 5 working days are over and still haven't received hanset as promised. What crowd-pleasing think of that. Have I done a mistake moving to Optus.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: how to manage without phone

Can't say what the hold up is. Optus unfortunately have a poor ability to track orders like this internally. Customer service sends out the request for the phones but after that just where in the chain you phone is is apparently not easily determined. This also likely accounts for the lack of follow up when things are not going as promised. Things can and do go wrong, but in these cases Optus should be proactively contacting customers and keeping them informed. Instead Optus seem to take the approach that the phone has been ordered and only look into what's happening after numerous (and lengthy) contact attempts by the customer.

How hard would it be for Optus to have a small department that just confirms every order has been recieved as they have promised. Wouldn't even require any people as an automated system could send out a SMS or email as provided by the customer. Obviously 95%+ of customers could either not reply or confirm alls good. But for the % remaining they have an immeadiate go to point where Optus can provide a tailored update as to what has gone wrong and when it will be fixed.

As to the immeadiate issue, I assume you still have three phones you can keep using?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: how to manage without phone

I'm happy to go in and check what's holding the delivery of your order up @ekramc

Do you still have service with your existing provider, or has the port taken place?

If you could send us a private message with your order details, that'd be great!

I'll need your full name, DOB, mobile number and any order reference numbers you have.

You can send your details through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy