Searching...

Mobile

Re: how to lodge a complaint?

Mathewo

This has been pretty much my experience over the last ten years. I finally managed to cancel my service after an awful experience. Then, once I canceled I received many many phone calls trying to lure me back. I went to the TIO https://www.tio.com.au/. They have been great and made my rights really clear. 

Josh71

We went in store and changed his number and cancelled old one because they couldn't transfer it. Optus after that sent us a message saying that it was online (it wasn't, it was cancelled apparently but the old SIM still isn't connected). They said they creditted the non existant old account for a free month....only then sent us a bill with the old account still connected. Now we will have to go back in store and try again to cancel it. They are terrible. The TIO didn't do much either, they said they'd pressure them to fix it then after a quick follow up they just stopped taking an interest. 

AnnaMil

I am having a similar issue. Moved to Optus from another carrier two weeks ago. The number ported over in 24 hours, worked for a week no problem and then last week Optus cancelled my service abruptly with no warning or explanation, I've heard every excuse from a porting issue to an outstanding amount on my account (my first bill is not even due yet!). Now can't get my service restored! Multiple live chat sessions and constant assurances that it will be on within the day/four hours but nothing! Three days with no phone and counting....

As well as the general frustration of constantly being fobbed off, I'm self employed and use my phone for work - it's not a good look when clients call me to get a message that my phone has been disconnected and I'm worried this will cost me customers. Just curious to know if you got this sorted out in the end? I've been an Optus customer less than two weeks and already regretting it!

Josh71

Weare still waiting and have two numbers, one that never connected. They gave us credit on it but it doesn't work and we changed numbers. We never found anyone that could actualy port the numbers and were told it was oo hard so I hope you get a resolution. The ombudsman didn't really help but might as well try.

AnnaMil

Sorry to hear that Josh71! 

I lodged a formal complaint yesterday but managed to get someone on live chat this morning who seemed to have a clue what they were doing and actually looked into it. They got my service active again while I was on the chat - in the space of about 15 minutes. While I'm glad to have it sorted, I still don't know why they cancelled it in the first place or why they couldn't just fix it four days ago if it was that easy. 

Highlighted

MarzMan

Just tried to lodge a complaint via the noted web .. filled it all in and submitted only to be greeted by message noting ""oops the page you requested isn't working" or similar .. tried again and same result ..

Can't do live chat either as that doesn't have a button to proceed after filling in your details!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
106 Kudos
85 Kudos
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
71 Kudos