cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Camille28
New Contributor

how long does it take to port a number?

Hello. I activated my prepaid account online but I am waiting for my number to be ported from Virgin. I noticed that the message at the bottom when I was activating it, said that it would take twenty minutes to four hours. But I read in a post from 2012 that it could take 5 days. So my question is, how long does it take to port a number? Sorry if it may seem obvious, it's just that I've been waiting a long time.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
New Contributor

Re: how long does it take to port a number?

I had been waiting for longer than four hours now. This is getting infuriating
New Contributor

Is anybody going to reply
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Camille28, sorry for the delayed response - has your port gone through? Ports usually take anywhere between 15m - 4h, but they can sometimes be delayed for a number of reasons, in which case it's best to give our 24X7 Pre-Paid Customer Care team a call on: 1300 555 002 🙂

P.S. Welcome to Optus! We hope you love your Pre-Paid plan 😉

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor richardchan
New Contributor

I have been waiting for over 4 hours and have been told it could take another 4 hours, I was promised in the shop 4 hours maximum, day 1 of being an Optus customer and they have already made me an unhappy customer

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@richardchan

We did receive a notification on the 15/03/18. 

Optus is experiencing an unplanned system issue which is causing delays with all Standard ports.

The last update we received came through yesterday:

Please be advised that the Standard Port delays which commenced on  13/03/2018 is still ongoing. We are unable to provide ETA and will update you once this issue is resolved.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors