Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
angusmct
New Contributor
New Contributor

getting calls from 0892892040 after signing up to optus

I am getting calls from the number above and it seems to be an attempt at upselling from someone involved with optus, however they call at strange times and hang up as soon as you answer mostly. It appears im not alone and want to know how many people are getting these? and why?

http://www.reverseaustralia.com/lookup/0892892040/

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/0892892040

http://www.reverseau.com/08-9289-2040.html

29 Replies
Shae
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: getting calls from 0892892040 after signing up to optus

Heya angusmct

Sorry to hear you're getting those unwanted calls 😞 if you wanted, you can opt out of Optus marketing calls HERE

0 Kudos
Dondons
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ive received them as well. they dont leave a message, called the number and its an unmanned number. said to call 1800 283 174 which is sales and marketing for Optus, I called 1300 555 002 Optus and they said its not their number and I can take legal steps to stop them from calling, The only problem is that they didnt even ask me the number.

Pete
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

It does look like one of our contracted partners had tried calling 😕 To get these calls stopped, please opt out via the link Shae posted earlier. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
h-o-p-e
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've been getting calls from this number too.

I've opted out of marketing calls using the link in Shae's post but the calls are still coming. (Well, I've blocked the number but I keep getting sms letting me know that that number has called but didn't leave a message.)

Dave
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi h-o-p-e,

How long ago did you complete the opt out via the link Shae provided?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
h-o-p-e
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dave,

I can't remember exactly but it'd have been on or before 29/5.

0 Kudos
Dave
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I've just been advised it can take up to 6 weeks for the opt out to be completed across all channels and marketing lists. Are you able to block the number via your mobile settings?

0 Kudos
h-o-p-e
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dave,

I've already blocked the no but am still getting the sms that notifies me that they've called (at least once a day). Guess I'll just have to wait to see if it'll stop altogether in the next 4 weeks or so.
0 Kudos
Gen_R
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

You can also register for the DNCR (Do Not Call Register) here.

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors