cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: getting calls from 0892892040 after signing up to optus

Hi angusmct, we definitely don't want any contact from us to be an inconvenience and we're really sorry if this is the case. You can choose to opt out of any promotional or marketing contact from us here.

benhonan, if it's been more than 5 working days since you requested to opt out and you're still receiving calls, SMS or email contact from us can you please contact us here so that we can make sure your request has been processed correctly? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been getting calls from this number for the past couple of weeks. I signed up for the Optus opt out upon the first call, and I am on the Do Not Call register. However, the calls keep coming.

Please remove me from this list immediately or I will contact ACMA.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey stuartfaz, if you've already processed the opt-out request and still receiving calls then please do chat to us here and we can check it has been submitted correctly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Absolute furious, as soon as I sign up to optus and i get this junk call. Never had any issue with my previous provider for the last 15 years.  Thank you so much Optus. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Apologies for the inconvenience  DingDons. You can manage your contact preferences from Optus using the link here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This seemed to work, got a reply pretty much straight away....

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 5.19.32 PM.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Optus,

I have recently joined you and now also receiving the same calls. Given the number of people complaining on this site and others regarding NTC and its 'call and hang up' techniques I am surprised you are still using them. My first impression of Optus is now tainted with unwelcome and unrequired Sales and marketing calls from an external party. Fix it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @gaz1858, thanks for the feedback. It has already been raised with our sales partners. In the meantime there is this link to manage contact settings → https://goo.gl/QktC0M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just got one myself. Why it is that Optus puts the onus on the customer to “Opt out” when they should simply opt out themselves of using third parties to bother their customers. Obviously customers have unwittingly agreed to this by Optus NOT asking customers directly AND succinctly whether they wish to receive calls from marketing third parties. That wouldn’t be too successful, would it? So somewhere, somehow, they’ve surreptitiously gained your consent then high-five themselves in their clever rooms. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry to hear you feel this way @Rohan1234 we'll certainly pass your feedback on. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors