cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: getting calls from 0892892040 after signing up to optus

Hi Gen_R. Thanks but I've aleady registered.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I tried the link but looks like it is not working. It's a shame we have to deal with so much of harrassment just for signing up with Optus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Which link is it that you've tried abaddam? You can opt out of marketing calls from Optus specifically here and the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) have their Do Not Call register which you can access here.

I've just checked and both of these links are currently working, if you're having problems accessing either page it might be best to try using a different browser. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Raz,

The links are working. I've filled the Optus form on that page about 3 times now. My phone number is already on Do not call Register. So it's not issue about access to the forms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

You definitely shouldn't have to be completing that form multiple times, it might be an idea to give our Live Chat team a shout so we can make sure that you're definitely not being included on any marketing or promotional call lists. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The number is from NTC Voice Solutions... Telemarketers... They call alllll the time however always hang up before saying anything..

optus needs to find a new partner as they suck...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Not good to hear that you're receiving calls from us to that extent sam, and we're more than happy to help you opt out of receiving marketing calls as I can imagine it must be quite annoying if you're being called constantly. You can choose to opt out using the link that I provided earlier, if you're having difficulty accessing that page I'd suggest getting in touch with our Live Chat team so we can grab your details and we'll help you out there instead.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've been an Optus customer since 2001 and have always opted out of the Marketing Calls but every few months or so I would get always get pranked calls for a couple of weeks by one of your telly marketers. Either they hang up after the second ring or hang up after I've answered. Just then one of these tele marketers actually spoke to me.They called from 08 9289 2040.

The background noise made this call highly suspicious even though they've introduced themselves as calling on behalf of Optus. I could hear traffic as well as children screeming in the background. Don't get me wrong I'm all for flexible work place arrangements but if you're in the business of cold calling people to upsell, you really shouldn't have a more professional stance.

I've re-updated by request for NO cross selling cold calls from any call centres representing Optus. I hope this actually works as it is very frustrating and time consuming on top of bad customer experience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I'm really sorry to hear this Letty, if you have Opt Out of us contacting you then we should'nt be calling you (unless it's about an overdue bill). If you're reciving these calls at odd/different hours of the night, it could be people impersonaiting us. I'd highly suggest getting your number on the Do Not Call Register, it will help get some of these phones calls to stop. 

Also have a read of this Phone Scams, if you're ever unsure about the authenticity of the call I'd suggest disconnecting the call and contacting us, please do no hand out your details. 

Hope this helps

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have received four calls from this number, all disconnect upon answer.

Two calls before completing the Optus opt-out form and two after.

This is a very poor customer experience Optus. I suggest you contact the outsourced provider and 1) reduce the time taken to process opt-outs to overnight and 2) improve the management of the dialler  to ensure outbound calls don't result in the customer being hung up on multiple times.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors