cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor absalom
New Contributor

extremely poor customer service

ever since i signed up for two phones for my kids i have never been able to receive by bills by email. optus make you talk to them through their customer service robots who tell me every month that they have resolved the issue and that I will receive future bills by email. they have never resolved my complaint and every month my kids send me the text they receive that says the bill is overdue. i don't want to pay $2.20 per month for paper bills or do automatic direct debit which optus appears to prefer. when i compained to the TIO someone from optus contacted me and said they'd resolve the issue for me but all they did was email me my bill one month then i was left the same way. there is clearly no adequate system for dealing with customer complaints and there has been no genuine attempt to resolve my issue. when i went to my local optus shop they refused to help me because i had signed up for the phones on the online system. i have spent well over 20 hours of my time trying to get optus to resolve this issue. i have found their customer service to be appalling.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: extremely poor customer service

I would speak with the TIO again and tell them your case was not resolved.

0 Kudos
New Contributor absalom
New Contributor

thank you Yeldarb for your helpful suggestion. I have re-activated my complaint with the TIO.

From my observation there are serious systemic issues with Optus Customer Service. Had the issue been resolved initally or if I could easily talk to the sales team who signed me up for the product I woudn't be feeling enraged by now. The attempts to resolve my problem have only been token one off reassurances however each time the promise that the problem has been resolved has been broken. I would have thought that customer relations 101 would include listen to the customers problem and be truthful when suggesting the problem is going to be solved. I am at the stage now where I feel I have no trust in anything Optus tells me, which could have been easily avoided. A simple google search tells me that Optus has numerous dissatisfied customers largely from poor customer service. This is an indication that whoever is in charge doesn't care which I believe is likely or that the company is disintegrating. There were systemic problems getting set up in the first place. A number of things were promised to me by the sales staff (ie: both numbers on the same account, etc) that I had to follow up several times - I was patient with this. It first started going wrong when I contacted someone regarding problems with my billing by phone after waiting for ages on hold and the person i spoke to seemed to think i didn't want to pay the bill (maybe this is what accounts people usually deal with but I found it quite insulting) and after going aroiund in circles for ages the telephone representative became quite stroppy with me and I had an embarressing conversation where I told him that i thought he didn't understand my problem and I was having trouble understanding him. I went through the chat system over and over and over again - it was completely ineffective. When I ask for an email to be sent to me attaching my bill it comes through no problem so I know there is no problem at my end. The emails are not going into junk email. It is just the automatic email each month to pay the account that never comes.

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hey @absalom - it's disappointing to hear that you've raised this with the TIO and there's still no resolution. It sounds like we've really dropped the ball here, however the moderators here in Yes Crowd would like to give this one a crack and hopefully have a resolution prior to another TIO escalation.

Can you please provide me with your account number, full name and DOB, via PM, so we can take a look? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor absalom
New Contributor

Is there any way I can contact you by telephone to discuss this rather than online?

I have no idea how to PM you  I assume that means "Private Message"

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Ah, sorry. Yes, PM is private message. If you click on my profile, you'll see the option to send me a private message. 

I'm afraid we're a digital team and liaise with customers via this platform exclusively,

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors