Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted

excess charges

Marn008

After 10 phone calls to consultants and 10 promises from all consultants to remove excess data charges from my account, charged from China, Im still 2 months later waiting on the excess charges to be removed from my account, I am now receiving demand letters and restricted service, what further action can i take?

Re: excess charges

petergdownload

So I take it you werent in China? How do you know the charges were from China?

Write a proper complaint letter to Optus. Detail what has happened and what you need resolved. They should open a case and tell you why they will or won't act.

If you don't get a response in 10 days then make a complaint to TIO and get them to look into it for you. 

Your letter to Optus should request all charges be frozen as they are being disputed and you want confirmation of this.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Marn008

Thanks Peter, no dont even own a passport, Optus notified me of where charges came from, ive filed several escalated complaints and whenever i call they inform me that it is being taken care of, that has been going on now for 2 months with excess charges and fees for non payment of excess charges on the account, Ive still been paying my account every month just not excesss charges 

petergdownload

Unfortunately it seems optus automated systems can sometimes be the left hand that doesn't know what the right hand is doing. 

FWIW if the amounts aren't onerous then i'd recommend paying them. They'll be recredited back when some department sorts it out (but having overdue debts just complicates the process and brings in systems that can't easily be over ruled)

Also FWIW Optus can't apply more fines etc. while you've notified the amounts are being disputed. However that might be cold comfort if they cut you off mid way through the process.

I've notified @Dan_C who is a moderator and can perhaps look into it for you after he gets your details. you'll need to PM him once/if he post here.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Marn008

Thanks again for your reply peter, ive spoken to them regarding paying the amount oweing 650.00, they were the ones who recommended me not paying it, my frusteration is that i keep being told that it wil be wiped and its taken over 2 months its ridulous, how hard can it be to rewmove these charges?

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Hey @Marn008, please feel free to send us a PM with your account details. I've been advised by one of my colleagues that we've seen a similar issue issue come up on a couple of occasions within the last week. I'll need to send your details through to our billing support team. 

Marn008

How do i do that Dan C

petergdownload

Yeah, that's a significant amount. Agree its frustrating but sometimes it takes a few goes to get an error out of the system. One of the annoyances of life. 

To PM just click on the persons name (in blue)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
26 Kudos
13 Kudos
11 Kudos
8 Kudos
7 Kudos