cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

eSim for HP Spectre

I have a HP Spectre with an eSim. I got the physical QR code from a store and have entered the details in my tablet.

Everything looks good, other than I get no service?

Does anyone know what the next step is to activate the service?

I can't find any specific help or reference for this.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: eSim for HP Spectre

At the moment Optus only provides support for esim in iPhones (and a a few watches) so it would be quite dofficult to get any form of support for what you are trying to do. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

OK I understand.

I am probably not the only one that would be interested, or have asked the question?

Seems like an easy extension of other embedded sim devices, but I am not an expert 😉

Thanks for your answer though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

You would think it's easy but it's not unfortunately. My understanding is a number of companies have built their own ways to deliver eSIM so Optus/Telstra/Etc need to build a system for each manufacturer. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Did you ever get this working on your HP Spectre ?

I understand you have to have a working Optus service (either new service or ported from hard SIM) associated to the QR code, then the downloaded eSIM should activate OK.

There are more and more eSIM devices launching, so would be good if Optus can support more than just Iphones. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Check out the list of mobile devices which support eSIM

We do offer eSIM support for the Google Pixel range and the Samsung Galaxy Fold.

As eSIM support is rolled out to more devices, we'll be sure to update our eSIM support article.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors