cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

eSim One Number two Sims

When will Optus be launching their product and what will it cost?

https://exchange.telstra.com.au/telstra-connects-its-customers-to-esim-technology-for-wearables/

Telstra One Number – new technology that connects wearable devices directly to our mobile network and extends our customer’s smartphone mobile number to the device. This new embedded SIM card technology means our customers will soon be able to make and receive phone calls, and check and send text messages, from their compatible wearable device without needing their smartphone with them.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: eSim One Number two Sims

Hello @hadrian

I'm sorry for the delay. We've since released information on our Number Share service which can be viewed on our Website here. Number Share costs $5 per month but to celebrate the launch of Number Share, we’re giving customers access for $0 for 6 months from activation if you activate Number Share from 22nd September 2017 to 31st December 2018 🙂 Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Misleading. 

Only for Apple products!

Just not good enough .

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Our - Number Share: What you need to know page does state, "The Apple Watch GPS + Cellular is currently the only device that supports the Number Share feature and uses the eSIM technology. For more details or to check if your mobile number is eligible, see Apple Watch."

I'm confident that we might see changes to this feature within the coming months.

I'd suggest keeping an eye on our announcements page. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your response,

But I still feel misleaded, maybe cause your company used "wearable and phone device" so many times in article  and mention Apple  one's. Anyway, I have Xmas present which my wife will not be able to use cause isn't  Apple  product.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Apple iWatch wasn't even the first eSIM ready device on the market. The LTE Samsung Gear S3 featured an eSIM and was blocked from the Australian market due to lack of support. Now Apple does it and telcos are falling over themselves to support it. Smartphones have been eSIM capable for some time too. SIM no. + IMEI = connection, where's the challenge?

Top Contributors