Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
dpike
New Contributor
New Contributor

eSIM calls dropping out

I recently upgraded my iPhone (SE) and am using an eSIM. My last two calls are dropping out after every 30 seconds or so, with repeated callbacks required. My phone is now unworkable for work calls. Is a physical SIM more reliable?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: eSIM calls dropping out

Hey @dpike, thanks for reaching out. I wouldn't say that a physical SIM is more reliable however they are slightly different in the way they operate within a handset.

Nonetheless though, your eSIM shouldn't be dropping out. Have you tried Mobile Troubleshooting your device as of yet?

If you have not done so already, I would also recommend making your eSIM the primary service on your mobile. This can be done within the setting features within the handset. To set this up, it would depend on which device you were using . 

Should you be need some extra help having this done, please send through your service details to our 24/7 Messenger Teams on the Optus App and we will walk you through this process 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@dpikeI have seen this problem pop up a number of times, but cannot remember what the solution is. Search for "esim" on the yescrowd and have a read up.

The following thread has "a" solution, but there may be more:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/E-Sim-regular-data-drop-out/m-p/641202

0 Kudos
dpike
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Tuong—as the issue is not covered in troubleshooting list I’m not sure a reset is required, as I can make and receive calls fine, and can access networks and wifi, etc… the calls just don’t last very long before dropping out. I only have an eSIM with the current account so no way of testing physical SIM so might try tech support if need be

0 Kudos
Kartika

Appreciate the details @dpike. In that case yes it is best to speak with our Technical Support team to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors