Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Lazos1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

e-sim on gear s3

now with the esim on apple watch does the gear s3 esim work???

Tags (1)
15 Replies
Lazos1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: e-sim on gear s3

i know my watch is unlocked i have the unlock code

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lazos1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

any help would be appreciated here...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi @Lazos1, at this stage we don't have offer eSIM support for Samsung Galaxy Gear devices. 

To the best of my knowledge the Apple Watch series 3 is the only eSIM device supported in Aus. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Lazos1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can this be chased up i know a few people have the same watch andi cant see why it wont work...???

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lazos1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

when i called up optus they put me through to samsung they said there's no reason y it cant work...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lazos1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_Cplease read above...

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hmm, they've given you the incorrect info.

What you need for Optus Number Share

You can activate Optus Number Share if you have an eligible Optus postpaid mobile plan, Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) compatible iPhone & number share Bolt-on

Number Share Bolt-on:  requires a compatible wearable device and mobile phone with IOS11.0 or later.  Only available to customers who have/get a selected post-paid mobile phone plan and use their phone to sign-up on the app

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Lazos1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

im on post paid can it be done???

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

It'll only work with a compatible handset.

It will not work with The samsung Galaxy Gear.

You must have an Apple watch and iPhone with iOS 11 or later. 

0 Kudos