Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
tserious
New Contributor
New Contributor

double-billed for nearly two years!

My mother is moving house and when looking into closing her NBN plan, I discovered she has been double billed for two plans for the past 18 months! Optus have put her on a $70 plan AND an $80 plan, both bundled with home phone apparently and a mobile at $160 per month. This is ridiculous- she has paid close to $2k in excess. When trying to put my name on her account to access on her behalf to sort this out it is nearly impossible on the site and app. Still have not managed to figure out how to do it. How do I amend this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sarah_YC

Re: double-billed for nearly two years!

Hi tserious,

Thanks for reaching out to us here and sharing a detailed description of what's happened.

We do apologise for the billing confusion on your mother's account and we're sorry to hear about the run around you've experienced when looking for assistance about this.

If you'd like to enquire about the account, the account holder can set-up a PIN by calling us on 133937.

You can also find some more information on how to allow another person to enquire about your account.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

A good reason to check the bank statements every now and again.

Optus should be happy to refund one of the NBN accounts once made away of the issue. The only difficulty will be making them aware of the issue. Just make a call with your mother nearby if possible. The tweet and face options can be time delayed but again you can have your mum on the phone with you to answer security questions and confirm you being ok to access the account.
tserious
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your tips! I persisted with the online messaging service for over three hours, finally after being passed on to six or seven different 'experts' my case was acknowledged. My mother is now awaiting her refund. Kind regards, Tserious

0 Kudos
Top Contributors