Searching...

Mobile

data usage optus sport app

Martin_7a

Hi I am using the optus sport app on mobile,just checked my data usage and it says I have used some,thought the app was unmeterd 

Re: data usage optus sport app

caaf

Hi there..

I copied/pasted the following.

Things to note.
Un-metered EPL: Streaming EPL over the Optus mobile and fixed network will be data free on eligible plans. This means customers accessing the content from an eligible plan will be able to stream as much EPL content as they want, without using their mobile, mobile broadband or home broadband data allowance. (Note: advertisements, analytics and authentication use data).

Selected-plans-mobile-and-mobile-broadband.pdf

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Martin_7a

so basically it's only data free for live games only?

just went into the optus sports app and watched a video and it has used up data,so the app isn't unmeterd? 

Shae

Hey @Martin_7a, can I ask how much is showing as used? There shouldn't be many (if any) ad's in place for the app at the moment and when I check my own data monitor in my Android, the data used by the Optus Sport app is showing up, but it isn't showing in my Optus App, so the content from the app is definitely unmetered.

Paul1178

Sorry for picking up an old thread - but it seemed the most relevant. Are you sure Optus Sport usage is unmetered - even when tethering etc?

I streamed a live game on Saturday 20 August (and that was all I watched that day on Optus) and according to Insights in the My Optus app, under EPL I used 800MB that day. That's a lot of incidental analytics etc?

I used AirPlay on my Optus iPhone to push to my Apple TV if that's helpful.

Dubula

Judy got a warning that I've used almost all my data i was watching a game on optus sport 1.8gb used by optus sport app what's happening?

Jax_K

Hey Paul1178 & Dubula, are you able to PM through your account info and date of births so we can take a look? Can confirm that only adverts, analytics and authentication are metered. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

WilsonAbraham

Hi I have been using optus sport for inly streaming live epl matches this month. And my optus app shows data has been consumed for streaming under silverlight. Also I have been charged $10 extra for exceeding my data usage as a result of this.

Shouldnt live match streaming of epl be un-metered?

[ Edited ]
Meg

It is unmetered. You may see usage in the App as that is showing what has been utilised but it doesn't come out of your data total. If you want me to look at your data stats from our end just send me a private message with your account name,  phone number or username, and date of birth for privacy. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

Mochael

Can you answer whether or not it's only free for live streaming? When watching a match on demand the video has an hour pregame, 15 minute half time and post match interviews. What parts are free? I am definitely being charged data and when I had a live chat with an optus rep they repeated all data is free. It's clearly not. They even looked at the time frame of when my data was used on Monday and it lined up perfectly with the match I watched on demand but repeated that I wasn't charged data from the app!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
131 Kudos
128 Kudos
98 Kudos
87 Kudos
56 Kudos