Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
josephm
New Contributor
New Contributor

content services

have recently been advised that there is extras called content services applied to my bills that i knew nothing about

since june 17 (as far back as i can check)

the total of $723.85 (wtf) 

3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: content services

@josephm

WTF indeed. Optus has recently been fined the maximum possible penalty ($10 million) for its role in the Premium SMS scam. It is also refunding amounts to many customers. Unfortunately its not a blanket process and staff still provide various degrees of compliance. 

I would suggest you first contact LiveChat and refute the amounts (all of them) and request a recredit. I'd be interested if that is granted or not - regardless it will almost certainly take a bit of time to process (get authorised?). You might be offered a partial refund. 

The mods here are pretty good at sorting Premium SMS charges so if one answers you can PM them your details and see what they can do. @Dan_C is one such mod. 

But if you can't get a satisfactory resolution then I would write (pen an paper) to the official complaints area (which Optus take more seriously than un official complaints). you should get an answer in two weeks as well as a complaint number etc. Failing that working you need to forward the complaint to the TIO or ACCC.

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Totally agree with everything Peter said above but just as a side note, Optus do use the term "content services" on your bill for various things. On my bill I see a charge for content services every month but if I then jump to another page, I get to see the detail which is that it's the Optus Sport subscription I have. Then in another section I see a credit to offset the charge because it's free with my plan. 

Point being, there are legit charges under this title to so just double check what it is first. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Cheers for the heads up @petergdownload

Happy to go in and check @josephm.

Send us a private message. We'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos