Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
eswee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

cant access voicemail, and could not get help for days. please help me

I am very frustrated, I tried everything, calling customer service, opened a case on MyOptus, 24/7 chat box. I am getting nowhere, and I don't know what to do. I lost 3 days on this already. 

I need to access voicemail from overseas. I tried two things. 

1. I called from my own number on roaming. The network is always busy. I understand it is out of Optus' control as I am roaming. It's fine international roaming is expensive and previously I was able to check voicemail from an oversea landline. 

2. I tried to call from an oversea landline, calling +61 *411***321, it asked for my mobile number, I pressed 04*******#. Then, it's supposed to ask me for my pin, it instead tells me: you need to call from you own telephone to setup voicemail, goodbye" then it hung up. 

So I tried all the means, I called, I opened a MyOptus case, I chatted with the 24/7 chat box. everytime there is a new guy/girl repeat the same instruction, call +61. 411 ....321 then my number then the pin. Like I am too stupid to follow the instruction. 

3 days after, I still can't not access my voicemail. and I spent a lot of money on the international call to customer service. I am so frustrated that I want to cry. please help me. If I could go to a shop in Australia I would. but I can't now. please help. 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Serena_YC

Re: cant access voicemail, and could not get help for days. please help me

Hi @eswee

It's not great to hear that you are still experiencing issues with accessing voicemail on your service. I did note that we have previously discussed the same issue on this post here.

Thanks for letting us know all the steps that you have taken and we do apologise for the frustration caused during this time. 

Would you happen to have a social media profile? If so, could you kindly send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page. Our Social Media teams will be able to then securely confirm your details and assist in following this up for you. I would also suggest including the links for the YesCrowd posts in your private message so that our teams can take a look as well. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@eswee wrote:

I spent a lot of money on the international call to customer service.

What number are you calling?  Optus states:

"Roaming support
Need assistance? You can priority call Optus while overseas from 8AM - 8PM AEST, Monday to Sunday, on _+_6_1_ _2_ _8_0_8_2_ _5_6_7_8_. This is free from an Optus mobile plan."

@Optus 

Can you confirm whether or not _+_6_1_ _2_ _8_0_8_2_ _5_6_7_8_. is free to call from an Optus pre-paid plan as well? The text implies its all free on all plans (i.e. pre-paid & post-paid) but it would be good to confirm that.

Jono_YC

Hi @YetAnotherAcc our international number is free to dial on any Optus plan. Let us know if you need a hand with anything else. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

eswee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@YetAnotherAcc thank you I was not aware of that. I will try it tomorrow but as I mentioned I could not get through to the voicemail +61. -411-000-321 from my optus number while international roaming, the network is always busy. (although I did receive calls and sms don't know what's going on). 

@Optus could you please confirm that this number is also free from an Optus prepaid even on international roaming?  

Thank you too @Serena_YC I will try that later if nothing else works. 

0 Kudos
eswee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

And here I will try also option 3, I will ask my friend in Australia to call from my number. I am currently on esim, is it possible for her to go to the shop, get a replacement sim, and I will activate it via the myoptus app, then she could use the sim to call 321, and see what happens? right? hopefully it is only need once. Once my voicemail is reached by my own number, then hopefully the next time when I call from a different landline, it will allow me to access the service after I pressed my number and the pin.

I hope this works. But two questions:

- I have esim on my phone, is it going to be a problem? do I need to remove the esim before activate the replacement sim? 
- does the previous sim (before I setup esim on my phone) still work? If so I don't need a replacement sim but just get her to get it somewhere. 

Thank you.  

0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @eswee, if you need some assistance after calling our International Support teams lets continue our conversation over on our current private message thread. 

In regards to your eSIM replacement - you can deactivate and reinstall via the Optus App. I would recommend having a look at our eSIM information page which will provide you with some insight and walk you through this process

0 Kudos
eswee
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes I need help. I tried everything. 

0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Thanks heaps for attempting the recommendations provided @eswe. Please rest assured that we are trying to assist in the best way possible, however given that this is a public forum and that you are currently overseas advising via this platform is limited.

If you could please send through your service details to our 24/7 Messenger Teams on the Optus App we will run some checks and follow up. 

Alternatively please respond to our DM and we will be able to move forward from our there 

0 Kudos