cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

cancel my contract

Hi I'm Ryusei Matsubara. I would like to cancel my contract. Also I guess I don't have to pay my last month contract fee. I have been trying to call you for my cancellation but I couldn't hold of you. As you know I haven't used any data since last year. Please cancel my contract with this emails ASAP.

One of you told me to call and I've tried many times. So I would appreciate if I don't have to call you anymore and just finished my contract with email instead of calling. I need to pay over 10000yen just for calling you guys.

Biller code 959197
Reference hidden316234160

Sincerely
Ryusei
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: cancel my contract

Hi Ryusei,

Best not to publish private details in public forums. Note that this is not an Optus service portal and no one will be responding officially from Optus.

Also not using data is not a reason not to pay your bill.

If you need to cancel a contract and can't get through (at the moment it is extremely difficult) you can try the following (I suggest write)

Currently getting through to Optus can take a VERY long time. Call centres have been closed. Optus are also generally prioritising service issues (no connection or phone) and financial hardship. Its expected that Optus will re-credit things like late fees or backdate cancellations if you can't get through until later on. Depending on the issue you can try the following:

Slower: Write to the official complaints address and your requirement will be dealt with in due course (If you want to cancel for example Optus will backdate charges to the dates in the letter)

Customer Relations Group, PO Box 306 Salisbury South 5106.

Faster (Perhaps): Dial 133 937. Mon - Fri: 8am - 7pm (AEDT) Sat: 9am - 5pm (AEDT)

Don't press 1 and hold the line, you'll either be on hold and get through to someone or get the standard IVR to enter your service number and follow the prompts and press 3 to cancel. Times can vary from a few minutes to many hours.

Alternatively: Leave a message in the Optus Mobile App (If possible) or try Optus Twitter or Facebook sites.
0 Kudos