Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
nana746
New Contributor
New Contributor

can't activate my pre paid sim

my previous prepaid company was really frustrated me for months. so i decided back to optus prepaid. i tried to activated my new optus sim last friday and they told it will takes 15 min to 3 hours. And its been for 5 days still can't use my phone. i know its uncertain period for everybody but i need to make some call for my work etc. 

turned my phone several times and try to call but i only could hear need to be patient. 

anyone can help me?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: can't activate my pre paid sim

Hey there nana746,

Do you still have a working service with your previous Prepaid company? Transferring of services into Optus (porting) is currently impacted by COVID-19. The request will be processed once normal business resumes, there is no ETA for this.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend chatting with us via the My Optus App by clicking this link on your mobile device → app.optus.com.au/msg-us?tags=SMCT. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. 

We don't have visibility of customer orders/services here on this public forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
nana746
New Contributor
New Contributor

thanks for reply.

i downloaded app and tried to log in but unfortunatelythey wouldn't let me. kept saying

-unable to display your devices via our app-

and when i clicked web live chat also unable to use the function.

i know its really uncertain period but I'm pretty sure someone work at home something like that. it makes me really sad....
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Do you have a working service with the old provider? Just confirming my original response, transferring of services is delayed at the moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
opti77
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same problem... did you have any luck

0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Hi @opti77

If you have not yet activated your prepaid SIM, you can do so using our online activation page.

Otherwise, if you need a hand with the activation of your SIM card, we would recommend messaging us via the My Optus app for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

opti77
New Contributor
New Contributor

When we click thru it says you are a bit busy... but it has been busy all day and we need the phone working tomorrow....
0 Kudos
Kartika

Sorry to hear about your experience via our Optus app messaging service @opti77. In that case you are best to speak with our Prepaid activations team directly on → 1300 737 252 - Mon - Sun: 8am - 8pm (AEST) to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
nana746
New Contributor
New Contributor

changed company to Aldi..that's my solution 🤣
0 Kudos