cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

call drop out

Hi. I have had 2 months of frustration. Have been with Optus c18 yrs no problems. Last few months intermittent calls starting losing seconds in drop outs, poor voice quality and (now) total drop outs. Only 1-2 bars at best in inner city. I spent ages with Optus and Samsung who decided it was my handset or sim. I have, after factory resets etc, now replaced both the sim and phone. And the problem continues. After further calls Optus set up a case manager 5 days ago and I have texted the ongoing problems. I have had no reply. On the new phone (only a week old) it seems that I am most aware it is happening with those ringing on telstra network not sure if that is relevant. What do I do next. Any ideas please?
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: call drop out

Hey @csirske3

Sorry to hear you may be having some issues with our Network.

Have you had a chance to look at our Network Status page for any outages? All you need to do is click the 'Mobile & Wireless Internet' tab and search your address.

As you already have a case open as well, we can certainly look into this further for you and see what's going on.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

We recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. I was hoping you could tell me that the case management person will text me at some point - no reply yet tho may be it takes many days. Yes there have been outages recently in my area but the problems both predate and postdated them. It is most strange, because as I said, it is an intermittent problem - not every call. I just had a very long call with no problems - so will keep monitoring. It is b**** frustrating as is very disruptive when it does occur!!!
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

If by case manager you mean the person who will call back after making a formal complaint then be prepared to wait for up to 10 days as the bot that mails you counts as a response within 2 days.... And then any response may take 10 days.

Its a painful process and the case manager is NON technical and will based on past experience not be able to get anyone else to call you or get the issue resolved if it means optus has to do work on the tower or if you need a response from the "network team" (never call back and no one can get updates and do not call when the tower is fixed)....

There are no case mangers on the optus app, they are call center staff and only know what they have been trained on and follow a script.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Uggg. Thanks for the warning. I will revise strategy.
0 Kudos