Your apple music trial with optus is ended and you will be charged

I didn't sign up to this  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: apple music scam

Unfortunately that how most trials work.

As far as I'm aware you have to activate the trial, so the trial should not have started by itself.

Jack_YC

Hi there @tldc11, select Optus plans include free Apple Music trials. The trials will roll onto the paid version of Apple Music once the trial period ends unless opted-out beforehand. 

For more info, please check out our Apple Music with Optus page. If you do have any other questions, I recommend sending us a message via the My Optus App.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Well technically you did sign up for it.

Any 'free' trial that requests your payment details is basically designed to prey on peoples forgetfulness. Worse case scenario you don't realise until the first charge and cancel then and the retailer pockets a nice bonus. Some of the lower ones actually charge you the entire one year subscription after the trial period is up.

Can only suggest you set a reminder on your calendar for 25 days to review and cancel if required.
Unchained_Pat
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Or if it was like my issue - cancelled the "trial" via Optus app (I screenshot everything I do in that app) and then around a week later it showed up on my bill again.
Support remived the charge and assured it was turned off, next month it came back.

My advice - screenshot every change you make in the app as it may save you in the longrun.
tldc11
New Contributor
New Contributor

it should be an opt in option, not an opt out option..
0 Kudos