Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
indigoblue47
New Contributor
New Contributor

ZTE Screenlocked

help !! can someone please tell me how remove the screen lock on the ZTE Mobile Phone A Friend gave me hers as it was too complicated for her . there is a screen lock on it & i cannot open the phone .. & she cannot recall what the screen lock was !!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: ZTE Screenlocked

With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons until the ZTE logo screen appears, then release.
Press the Volume down button to highlight wipe data/factory reset.
Press the Power button to select.
Press the Volume down button repeatedly until Yes -- delete all user data is highlighted.
indigoblue47
New Contributor
New Contributor

Do i have to remove the sim ?
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Nope. SIM is not affected in anyway.

indigoblue47
New Contributor
New Contributor

it don't work when I press both keys together the buttons are on the right hand side it makes it hard when one has to try and see the screen I am not quick enough to do as you say !! 😞
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It can be a bit fiddly. Just keep retrying. Don't worry about the screen but just release the buttons after a bit longer time each time you restart. Eventually you'll get the sweet spot.

Its pretty soon after the logo: Watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgJxhbldfTg

A video Tutorial showing how to reset a locked android phone. This works great on most ZTE phones.A ZTE reset is most likely required if you have forgotten y...
Kartika

Hi @indigoblue47, if you need further assistance then you can contact → ZTE support directly.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy