cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Moderator Marie

Re: Yobee scam

Hey @steve411, we'd love to check this out for you if you'd like to PM me with your mobile number, date of birth and full name.

Thanks @Nellemk 🙂 I can see that ScottM has assisted you via your PM.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Luffy32
New Contributor

I've just seen my bill and I have been billed 4 times for this Yobee rubbish. I hope something can be done about this or I will also be taking this further. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Something can certainly be done be done, apologies for the issues in the first place. Please follow the steps Marie has provided. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor HannahQ
New Contributor

I too have had 4 yoobee deductions from my account. How is optus allowing some random scam that I haven't authorised to take money from me. I didnt receive any notice that they had taken money the first time otherwise this would have been stopped as I would not be paying for something that I didn't know what it was.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Dandyinho
New Contributor

Hi I have been experiencing the same problem. I was charged more than $30 for excess fees last month (June 17) to be calling a ‘Helpline’ 1300.

Optus said that they will rectify that.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Luffy32
New Contributor

I'm still waiting on Optus to rectify the problem. In the end I've had to pay the fee or my bill would have been overdue. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hey Luffy32, just to clarify, have you been in touch with Customer Care about disputing the charges?

You can find more info on premium content charges and how to block them here.

Cheers,

Jordan

0 Kudos
New Contributor zim72
New Contributor

I am having the same issue. This has been going on for months, only became aware when I switched from pre-paid to post-paid and started seeing the charges on the paper bill.

Have requested cancellation and will be requesting a full refund. will also take this to the TIO as its the second service to have this issue.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Mynicknamewill
New Contributor

I got charged $50.88 for yobee and hip tap. Im seriously angry because i dont even know what is that and I haven’t subscribe nowhere! I went to two different optus stores sbd nobody was able to fix this or explain or do anything! I recently switched to plan from pre paid and on my second bill i have this “wonderful” surprise. I am not interested to pay any cent for things i haven’t requested or choosen. How it even can be on my bill ?????? What kinda service provides optus ???? When i sign a contract it was not mentioned that i will have some mystical experiences like this.  I called to that ‘helpline’ number 1300724406 frim where they unsubscribed me from further charges and the man with whom I spoke gave me two separate numbers to call to ask my questions about what a rubbish scam is that yobee and hip tap. First i tried to reach hip hap, who ever is that, i it just not possible to get in touch with hip hap phone number is wrong or either its not directing with them at all. Then i called yobee, where it all sounded even more big scam as that guy said im subscribe for mobile entertainment from December which is NOT. I do not subscribe nowhere and i dont use any mobile entertainments. He said i might not saw that I subscribed but thats just unreal. Thats for sure. I said i want refund he gave me email help@yobee.co to send refund request abd someone will get in touch without me after 24h.  But excuse me, why do i need to waste my time and energy and fix this mess up now? I dont have time to deal with this scams i don’t understand how optus let it happen and people who work for optus in optus stores are useless! Im sorry to say that but i am very angry and disappointed. I do not think that not me or either anyone who had same situation should pay this scam fees. Its not right! Optus just like any other service should provide stress free services to their customers not put them through scams and think that it is fine. I have wasted so much time of  my day already to dealing with this and still nothing has been sorted out excepting my optus bill i have to pay and which is based on massive scam. Thanks for that! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Mynicknamewill, I've replied back to your private message.

We've gone in and raised a dispute with the content provider. If you have any other questions, feel free to chat with us there. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos