cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor steve411
New Contributor

Yobee and TVPass UnLtd - SCAM!

I have just been scammed $55.40 from combined charges from Yobee and TVPass Unltd this month (May) these were unauthorized transactions added to my account from Optus.. I never gave permission for these charges, it's shocking to think these can be written up on my Optus bill.

I will be walking away from optus if these costs are not dropped.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Yobee and TVPass UnLtd - SCAM!

Yet another happy Optus customer - you listening yet Optus?

Optus should be able to reverse the charges upon request. The scammers don't refute such requests.

Where Optus helps these scammers is by setting your monthly SMS Premium limit to $200 by default. 

Request the reversal and ask OPtus to set your limit to $0.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Moderator Marie

Hey @steve411, I've responded to your PM about this & would be happy to take a look into your account for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Cat0211
New Contributor

Last month my bill was outrageously high because of this scam. I spoke to optus and explained that it was a scam and that I had not authorised for this payment and I was very politely told that there was nothing they could do and I would have to pay. I was outraged! On top of this they advised me that they will be blocking third party payments. This morning I received another msg from yobee. Optus is as much at fault as yobee. If optus does not reimburse my money and stop this scam I will be forced to go with another provider. 

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi,

Optus really handle SMS scams badly. By default they set all users open to it (you can request your monthly SMS premium limit be set to 0 to stop them in the future)

They also half the time say there's nothing they can do and half the time say they'll sort it. They are obligated to sort it so get back in contact and request Optus refute the charges. Optus will do this on your behalf and when the scammers don't say no (they never seem to) Optus will recredit the amount to your account (might take a bill or too before you see it)

You can still get SMS now even though you've changed your settings because well scammers are scammers and they also tend to sign you up for a subscription run (all due if you cancel). Have you sent STOP yet to them?

So the simple answer is be patient. Its all very sortable and once you get someone in Optus to lodge the claim they do all the work.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor misterJ
New Contributor

I got stung by a billing scam months ago. Optus told me to contact the company directly and optus would also look into it. Talking to an actual phone operator to resolve issues is a damn pain. The automated system is HORRIBLE.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear that's been the case for you, @misterJ 😞

Were you still needing assistance with this? If that's the case, please PM me with your mobile number, full name and DOB - we'd be happy to follow this up for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors