Searching...

Mobile

Yes Optus App not working properly

Paul-Spotty

Hi There,

I have 5 mobiles on the one account for my family and usually I can go into the Yes Optus App on my mobile and see the data usage for each mobile.

However, now when I go into the App it is just giving me two options; to track "..my nbn/ADSL order.." with Optus (either mobile or broadband). 

None of the other features of the App are available. Is ther anyone else with these issues?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Yes Optus App not working properly

GuyCS

Hi @Paul-Spotty - thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Not great to hear that you're having some trouble accessing your usage through the My Optus App. Are you still having issues since posting? If so, we'd recommend logging out of your account and logging back in. If that doesn't work, you can also try deleting and reinstalling the app on your device. Alternatively, you can also check out your data usage on a web browser via your My Account here → https://www.optus.com.au/my-account. Any further questions please let us know.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

kriston

I'm having the same problem. And I've deleted the app and reinstalled it.

IMG_0048.jpg

Toomey

Hey @kriston, this would indicate that the app is not picking up the Optus service in your phone. Please try deleting all of the app's saved data via your phone's settings and uninstall again. When you re-install, try using mobile data only and not WiFi. Let me know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

kriston

So, does that mean that I can’t use my non-Optus phone to manage my parents’ home’s Optus broadband account......?

Toomey

Ah yes that's correct I'm afraid, you need to have a mobile or mobile broadband account to use the app. Check out the full details here → My Optus App: Compatibility, Functions & Download Links.

You would need to have access to your parent's My Account to manage the services via our web platform here → My Account.

Highlighted

MaddyN

That’s ridiculous. Other telco apps just require a username and password to use the app. Why does Optus have to make things doubly hard? Is there an upgrade to the app in the works? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
132 Kudos
128 Kudos
98 Kudos
87 Kudos
56 Kudos