cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

YOUR RUBBISH SERVICE

I COMPALINED THAT I HAD NO RECEPTION AT HOME. I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO WORK FROM HOME BECAUSE OF COVID-19 AND RELY ON THE MOBILE FOR MY BUSINESS.

ACCOUNT NUMBER *hidden*

YOU ADVISED ME  I COULD CHANGE PROVIDER AND THE RE WOULD BE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE AS LONG AS I RETURNED THE PHONE IN THE BAG YOU WOULD SEND ME.

I RECEIVED THE BAG, RETURNED THE PHONE, CHANGED PROVIDED AND YOU HAVE NOW CHARGED ME AN ADDITIONAL$1,480.11. WHY?

LOOK UP THE RECORD OF MY TELEPHONE CONVERSATIO WITH YOU AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I WAS TOLD.

I PUT YOU ON NOTICE THAT UNLESS I RECEIVE CONFIRMATION WITHIN 7 DAYS FROM TODAY THAT YOU DO NOT PROPOSE TO CHARGE THE FEE, I WILL TAKE UP THE MATTER WITH THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS OMBUDSMAN, WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE.

YOUR CONDUCT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND NOTHING LESS THAN APPALLING.

I WOULD LIKE A HUMAN BEING TO CONTACT ME ON *hidden*.

YOU HAVE ALSO NOT RESOLVED MY INTERNET ISSUE FROM EARLIER THIS YEAR, WHEN IN A TRANSITION TO WORK AT HOME, *hidden*-YOU TRIED INSTALLING NBN AND FOR 3 DAYS, WHEN PEOPLE TRIED CALLING MY LANDLINE THEY RECEIVED THE MESSAGE "THIS MOBILE PHONE HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED."

I LOST OVER $11.000WORK OF WORK AS A RESULT OF YOUR STUFF UP AND I HAVE THE DETAILS TO PROVE PEOPLE WENT TO OTHER SOLICITORS BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T CONTACT ME.

I ALSO WANT A REPLY AS TO WHAT YOU PROPOSE TO DO. AND IWANT THE REPLY IN SEVEN DAYS OR I WILL MAKE A FURTHER COMPLAINT TO THE OMBDSMAN WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE.

I AM SICK TO DEATH OF YOUR INCOMPETENCE AND PREDATORY BILLING. dO WHAT YOU LIKE WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS. WITH ME, IT HAS STOPPED RIGHT NOW.

I AM SICK AND 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: YOUR RUBBISH SERVICE

Hi JX,

This is a public forum. There are warnings in bold red not to post private information. You can edit your post using the drop down top right. While you're at it if you could remove the SHOUTING that would be appreciated.

I'm a little surprised Optus accepted the phone back. Usually you would just stop the service but there's nothing wrong with the phone and you would normally have to pay that out and look elsewhere for better reception. But they sent you a bag so I assume that's what was agreed - FWIW mistakes happen and at this point you've been sent an incorrect bill. Rather than shouts and threats I suggest you contact Optus and ask that the bill be corrected. Optus find it hard to fix things until a bill is issued but once issued it can be corrected. It also seems possible Optus haven't received / inspected the phone you sent in yet? Again usual practice is you'd get a bill and then it would be credited back once the phone has been received.

As for the phone being down, I suspect your on your own there. Standard NBN comes with no specific guarantees and is essentially 'best efforts'. Optus might provide a small credit but nothing like what you appear to expect. I would suggest that if NBN and phone are essential to your business you look into redundancy options as downtime is bound to occur every now and again.
Highlighted

Re: YOUR RUBBISH SERVICE

Hi @jx1959,

Thanks for raising this with us.

I'm really sorry to hear about the confusion with the charge on your latest bill and for the run around you've encountered when looking for assistance with activating your NBN service.

You are best to speak with our Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on 131344 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

We have also hidden your personal information on our online public forum. We take your privacy very seriously. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to refer to the Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button

0 Kudos
Top Contributors