Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Xiomnia subscription I didn't agree to

Hello, I received a message a couple of days ago concerning a Xiomnia subscription I never willingly signed up for. I left it until tomorrow morning and looked up some information about it, realising that it was deemed safe to send 'stop', I did so. I also lowered my spending limit to $0 so this never happens again. My bill has been charged with an extra $9.08 on a subscription that I promise I never agreed to in the first place, and it's causing me a lot of stress. I was wondering if someone could help me by raising a dispute if it's not too much trouble?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Xiomnia subscription I didn't agree to

you can actually request optus to raise a complaint for you to the the third party provider, if you can read preivous experience on this forum most of them are getting refunded, you just need to be patient and be carefully next time clicking things online, cheers!

Highlighted

Hi @Mariah_Butler, sorry for the late reply and thanks for reaching out to us as I can appreciate your concerns with regards to the subscription charges. You have done the right thing by changing your spend limit to $0 and sending stop. You can contact the Premium Content provider directly on the number provided on the bill in regards to the refund of the charges. Alternatively we can escalate it from our end for them to contact you if you have done so yet? If you still need help then PM us → here your phone number / account number, full name and date of birth to proceed. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is horse ****. I got the same thing and im not happy... juwt saw my bill wwnt up by $30 of what its supposed to be.... can some help me out to get this credited 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello there, my problem had been solved a little while ago, but you can call the third party yourself and get a refund if you never agreed for the subscription. Or you can contact someone in the optus live chat, where they can contact them on your behalf, while also putting your 'spend limit' to zero and block third parties for you, at least this was the outcome I had.

Best of luck and I'm sorry this has happened to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for your help. My issue has already been resolved but I appreciate it. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

You have limited options.

You could phone their customer service branch and spend 30 minutes on hold before speaking to someone in gods know where Asia with no idea or intent on helping you

or

You can log onto the TIO website and submit a complaint.  That's about the only time they listen.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@maria_Butler, glad to hear we managed to resolve this one for you. @bm73, I wouldn't go as far to say that you' options are limited. We have a live chat team who are available to speak with 24/7. We've improved the functionality of our live chat page to get you through to the relevant department with a little more ease → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat. You'd just need to ask the consultant to action the following:

• Ask that they set your premium spend control limit to $0.00.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute on your behalf. It's generally takes to 2-3 business days from the date in which the dispute was lodged to receive a response.

If you've lurked other similar threads on the forum, you'll see that the majority of customers were able to confirm that their issue was resolved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos