Searching...

Mobile

Xiomnia scam (yes another one)

dt_moderated

I have been charged $30 on my last bill for a $9.99 per week "premium"  Xiomnia service. I never knowingly subscribed to whatever this service pretends to be. I have no idea what it is meant to do or what trojan horse it rode in on.  This service obviously breaks the rule of 2-click verification for subscription.  I expect my money returned to me as it was essentially stolen from me.  

In anticipation of your reply I have seen from replies to others that Optus merely says it is collecting the money for this scam company like a bunch of Mafia money collectors. If that is your reply please also send me a Complaint Reference Number. 

Re: Xiomnia scam (yes another one)

dt_moderated

I still can't set my spend limit to $0.    I followed your instructions here: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Online-Mobile-Self-Service/Premium-SMS-PSMS-and-How-To-Set-A-Spend-...

After trying on my mobile (Galaxy A5 2017) to navigate it wasn't possible so changed to my PC.  

However when I click Premium SMS spend control setup I am redirected to another site "Mobile Self Care" where my mobile and password aren't valid and I have to reregister via a SMS you send for verification (amazing number of verification step you have....unlike the Xiomnia service).   The verification SMS for registration hasn't been sent.  So I can't set my spend limit to $0 because you've added so many verification steps into the process. 

Please refund my money and send the Complaint Reference Number. 

Also due to the fact this charging was via an unknown unknown (something we don't know we don't know) process and the spending limit is also an unknown unknown process I'd like some assurances that I won't be scammed again by some other unknown unknown process.  ie. Is there some way a 3rd (or 4th) party can ask you to take more money from me via my direct debit agreement?   How can I be sure you won't try to collect money on behalf of some other company in a few months time?  

MouniraH

Hi there,

You will need you to jump onto live chat →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us and request to set your Premium SMS spend control limit to $0.00. This will prevent any third party content provider from charging your Optus account. The consultant can also raise a dispute with the provider on your behalf. They'll be in contact within 2-3 business days to arrange a refund. 

Thanks

M

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

dt_moderated

Why should Optus lodge to resolve my complaint? Optus are the ones who want to take my money!

Seems like I should call the police instead. 

dt_moderated

That chat link is broken. 

shailendre

i have the same problem. Received 3 SMS on my Phone on 13 OCT, 20 OCT and 27 OCT saying "FreeMSG: Your subscription to Xiomnia costs $9.99/wk. Opt-out send STOP to 19789116 HELP:1300115921 http://shop.xiomnia.com/cws/cus/au "

Thinking it was just spam sms, i did not take any action.

Now I noticed on my OCT bill that I have been charged $ 18 for the 13 OCT and 20 OCT sms!!!! 

Contacted Optus by chat and the rep said he/she is raising a complaint with the developer and they will contact me to sort it out.

I dont understand how is this my problem? I never initiated anything with Xiomnia and yet Optus allowed this 3rd Party to send me a SMS which I have to pay for? 

This is not normal and I will raising a formal complaint with the TIO if these 3 charges are not removed from my account.

Gen_R

Hi @shailendre - thanks for reaching out. Would recommend logging into your My Account here to block and dispute the charges. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

dyxterious

Hi Optus,

I  been charge by this service both my October and November bill. I never subscribed to this one. Can you please help me refund this? I already set my premium sms spending to $0 after reading some of the comments.

Please advise.

Thanks

Toomey

Hey @dyxterious, jump into Live Chat and an agent will grab your details to raise a dispute.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

dyxterious

thanks

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
131 Kudos
128 Kudos
98 Kudos
87 Kudos
56 Kudos