Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Worst Decision I made switching to Optus

Has anyone else had any issues with switching to Optus from another provider. I signed contract Saturday. Lost service old provider Monday. Was given Sim card in shop was told I could use that when my service drops out (this happened when I signed up for phone on Saturday). Try to activate sim online (Monday) after service dropout. Rejects order number when trying to activate Sim(Yes it was the correct order number and tried multiple times). Contact Optus then told can't use Sim have to wait to receive phone in mail and use Sim that comes with phone. Phone arrives Tuesday housemate at home courier won't give him phone because I have to sign for it. Have to leave work early Wednesday go to post office finally get phone and another Optus Sim. Try to activate new Sim online and doesn't work again. Attempt to do banking Wednesday. Particular transaction requires SMS. This is at the point of being ridiculous 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Worst Decision I made switching to Optus

Try to avoid banks that have SMS password retrieval.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@SomeGuy77,

I'd really take a closer look to confirm what's happened with the SIM card. I presume that you'd placed the order online and picked up a SIM from in-store? We would have already allocated a SIM card when you'd placed the online-order.

The service should port across as soon as we receive a successful delivery notification. You shouldn't need to activate the SIM via optus.com.au/activate.

The account holder is required to sign for the package, there's really no way around this. It's high valued equipment and the risk is simply too high.

You're welcome to send us a PM with your order details. I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll check the SIM card that's allocated to the service and compare the SIM No. with what you've been given.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

My service is now up and running thanks. It has been a very frustrating process. I physically went into the Garden City Optus store and signed up physically. I was given a sim in the store and my understanding was when my service dropped out I could use that sim. My service dropped out Monday and I attempted to use the sim given to me by the store without success. I did try to activate that sim online without success. Then after contacting Optus I was told I would not be able to use that Sim and would have to wait to received the phone and use the sim that comes with the phone. I then tried to activate the new sim online again without success. Only after calling Optus again this morning have I been activated. 

0 Kudos
Blog Author

Ah, right I see. You'd signed up to 24-month contract in-store and yet we'd delivered the handset to your address?

I might need a refresher on our retail sign up process, I wasn't aware that we delivered handsets for orders placed in store.

It does sound a like a frustrating experience @SomeGuy77. I'm glad to hear that the service is now up and running.

If you do have any other questions for us, let us know. We're happy to help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos