Searching...

Mobile

Wizzgames

Julie17

Hi, I seem to be getting charged $9.99/week for a subscription to wizzgames I did not subscribe to. How do I stop this? Thanks

Re: Wizzgames

Mike_P

Hi,

I had the exact same thing happen to me aswell.

I have never subscribed to any of these sort of services before but received a text message from Wizzgames to let me know that I had signed up for their service after I had clicked on a 'sponsored' link on the Facebook app.

At no time did the link proport to be a hidden sign up service in any way, nor did it ask for my permission or contact details, it just signed me up when it used the typical click bait method of 'click to continue reading article' rubbish.

Make sure you send Wizzgames a reply text to STOP the service immediately and then give them a call to make a dispute. You can call them on 1300 760 885 to lodge the dispute. I spoke with a guy named Jesse.

I'm sorry I dont have much more information for you at this stage as I am still going through the process of disputing the charges myself.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Julie17

Thank you! Ill try disputing it with wizzgames also and hope to get my money back. Good luck to you too!!

Highlighted

Swish

The same happened to me.... I received a text message this morning, sent STOP immediately and then went on Live Chat with Optus but had already been stung for $18!

Optus also put a block on and submitted a complaint on my behalf and said I should be reimbursed in my next bill. But I will also call this Jess guy..... all very dodgy!!!

DJMac

I just received a message from Wizzgames and immediately repplied STOP. I have never subscribed to their service and my Facebook page does not link to my mobile number. The only way they could have could have accessed my number is fraudulently. Has OPTUS been hacked? Wizzgames is based in Singapore and Optus is owned by the Singapore government (just saying). I am going to be very unimpressed if I am charged the $9.99 as my Premium Subscription limit was $12/month, I have now changed it to $5.

Dan_C

Hey @DJMac, these charges are known as Premium SMS Content services. We find that customers are often signed up to the service by clicking on a link or content posted on Social media. We've actually cut ties with a number of different vendors. For those customers who have unknowingly subscribed to third party premium content service, we'll advise the following:

- Contact us on either live chat → http://yesopt.us/chat2us or 133937.

- Ask the consultant to set your premium content spend limit to $0.00.

- Ask the consultant to raise a dispute with the provider.

- The provider gives us a 2 business day SLA for a response.

- A refund will be credited back into your Optus account or via cheque.

- We advise you to pay the difference between the PMS charge and your regular monthly access fee. We will not penalise you whilst a dispute is in progress.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

krys1224

This has happened to us too and we have been charged over $45. Optus have blocked them but told me to ring their 1300 number. I have tried multiple times over three days and I am on hold for 30 minutes (never speaking to a person) and they then hang up on me. What am I meant to do?

Dan_C

Hey @krys1224, thanks for reaching out. I've copied a response I'd posted from a similar thread. Hopefully it's of some use to you. 

We do understand the concern and changes are being made in response to customer feedback. I'd suggest checking out the following threads. 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Optus-Postpaid-and/...

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-Third-Party-Content-Charges-for-Home-Wireless/ba-p/...

For the moment, we'd suggest jumping onto live chat → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobiYou'd need to ask the consultant to action the following for you.

• Ask that they set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00. This prevents any third party provider from charging your Optus account.
  • Ask that they raise a dispute with MIA Sphere Live. We're looking at a contact time-frame of 2-3 working days. Once the refund has been approved, it'll be credited back into your Optus account by the time your next invoice is due to come through.
  • We suggest paying the difference between the content charge and your monthly access fee. You will not be penalised whilst a dispute is in progress. 

If you need us to follow up on your refund, message us back here and we'll gladly help out

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos