cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
gmack1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Will Optus replace Google play music streaming with Youtube music streaming ?

Google play music is closing down will Optus replace this with with Youtube music streaming?

6 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Will Optus replace Google play music streaming with Youtube music streaming ?

Good question @gmack1. Google own both and as far as I can see they're simply shunting everyone across to focus on the one interface. I'd imagine it will continue but it would be good to get Optus confirmation. Not sure where Optus offers Google Play any more though?
0 Kudos
GTFO
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Will Optus replace Google play music streaming with Youtube music streaming ?

The "free data" streaming for music & "tv" was removed 1+ years ago.
Very much doubt Optus would go and change something that is no longer current.

Music streaming does not use a heap of data compared to the large amounts of data now available on plans.
0 Kudos
Will-A
New Contributor
New Contributor

I would like to know about this as well. I was prompted to migrate all my songs from Google play music to YT Music last week and since then noticed approx 1G per day listening to music during work. I still have that 'Music streaming' add-ons active in my account 'My Services' (and still select/unselectable). Would be good if Optus can update that to include YT Music, which is replacing Google play music.
Sarah_YC

Hi @Will-A,

Thanks for raising this with us.

We're currently unable to confirm if we will be replacing Google Play Music with Youtube Music, please keep an eye on our page for any updates.

If you’re still needing a hand with removing the 'Music streaming' add-on, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button 🙂 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
gmack1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Google play is offered as an add on to my plan, 

Music streaming

Stream your favourite songs without using your data. Simply activate Music Streaming and download an eligible music streaming app (Google Play Music and Spotify).
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@gmack1

That sort of answers the question. Optus will no doubt keep offering data free music streaming to Google Play. If Google stop sending any data then you will be paying nothing for nothing.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors