cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wifi calling

For the last 2 days my wifi calling is not working through my NBN.
It had worked fine previously with the odd drop out.
I am unable to do half my job as i cant call anyone!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Wifi calling

Is an ongoing fault with Volte and Wifi Calling for the last 2 days.
https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

We are currently working on an issue impacting calls using 4G/WiFi calling.
In the interim you can still make/receive calls, as your handset will automatically use our 3G network.
We'll update you here when everything is back in working order.

New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you gor letting me know but as we dont get any reception at our house we are unable to receive or make any calls which is impacting our business. I have a 1 year old baby and a wife who just had surgery so i cannot leave the house. Please assist urgently!

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately it's nothing anyone here can do to fix - it's a national outage.

Emergency services via mobile can use any mobile network so that has you covered.

Hi there, @Clenso

We do appreciate that the interruption to services would be causing frustration and also concern in your situation, however can assure you that as @Logged-Off mentioned - emergency calls can still be made. This is because any available network will carry the call. 

We are aware of an issue impacting 4G based calls on some Optus mobile services (ref 23367369). We're working to restore services as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we recommend switching to the 3G network on your device if possible. Data services are not affected so you can continue to make calls through apps such as Facetime or Whatsapp.

Customers can also view updates on our network status page here: https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status. We apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time.