Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wifi Key

I have a mobile broadband service.   Just installed.   The wifi key is printed on the back of the Optus device.   It is a 11 alphanumeric which is difficult to remember.

How do I change the key to something simple to remember like "wifi1234"?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Wifi Key

Hi,

What is the model of your Mobile Wifi?

Usually:

1. Connect to the Wifi Device via Wifi

2. Using a web browser to login to the web interface. The IP address should be on the modem ...eg 192.168.1.1

3. Login usually admin:password or admin:admin. Check your manual

4. Goto the SETTINGS > WLAN > VLAN BASIC 

5. Change your key there.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Wifi Key

Hey Ruster1949. How did you go following Silly's instructions to log into the settings of your device? You shouldn't really need to remember your WiFi Password as any device you connect to it, should remember it for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy