cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor sveevers
Occasional Contributor

WiFi Calling not working.

I’m getting really annoyed with Optus WiFi Calling. I have recently swapped to Optus to get WiFi Calling but in the two weeks that’s I’ve been connected and with three different sims and three different devices the WiFi calling service seems to work only about 50% of the time. Is there a trick to make this work 100%?

I have troubleshooted by swapping sims etc but nothing seems to make the service stable and permanent. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: WiFi Calling not working.

A neighbour had it working on iphone SE. You aren't using the app are you?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor sveevers
Occasional Contributor

No, not using the app and I am having the same problem on and iPhone 6s and iPhone 7 with different sims. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hey @sveevers - we've responded to your other thread here → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Wifi-Calling-Not-Working-Appears-to-be-Optus-Issue/m-p/47309...

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor pub_licite
New Contributor

Same issue here with S9. Just randomly works and then stops working. Nothing helps - especially not the technical team. So annoying

0 Kudos
New Contributor kdun009
New Contributor

SOLUTION - Hope this helps everyone.

I changed from Telstra to Optus and had the same problem. I tried everything. (Note I already has home broadband through Optus)

I used Optus chat http://yesopt.us/chat2us to fix it.

The problem occurred because I bought the phone originally through Telstra. As soon as I told Optus chat person I bought it through Telstra they did something to enable it. 

Good luck

0 Kudos
New Contributor Rachcooon
New Contributor

Some people said Telstra works better for WiFi calling. Do we mean Telstra internet or mobile?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Rachcooon
New Contributor

Did you ever get a resolution? I have the same issue

0 Kudos
Top Contributors