Searching...

Mobile

WiFi Calling not working.

sveevers

I’m getting really annoyed with Optus WiFi Calling. I have recently swapped to Optus to get WiFi Calling but in the two weeks that’s I’ve been connected and with three different sims and three different devices the WiFi calling service seems to work only about 50% of the time. Is there a trick to make this work 100%?

I have troubleshooted by swapping sims etc but nothing seems to make the service stable and permanent. 

Re: WiFi Calling not working.

10000000000GB

A neighbour had it working on iphone SE. You aren't using the app are you?

sveevers

No, not using the app and I am having the same problem on and iPhone 6s and iPhone 7 with different sims. 

Shauna

Hey @sveevers - we've responded to your other thread here → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Wifi-Calling-Not-Working-Appears-to-be-Optus-Issue/m-p/47309...

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

pub_licite

Same issue here with S9. Just randomly works and then stops working. Nothing helps - especially not the technical team. So annoying

kdun009

SOLUTION - Hope this helps everyone.

I changed from Telstra to Optus and had the same problem. I tried everything. (Note I already has home broadband through Optus)

I used Optus chat http://yesopt.us/chat2us to fix it.

The problem occurred because I bought the phone originally through Telstra. As soon as I told Optus chat person I bought it through Telstra they did something to enable it. 

Good luck

Highlighted

Rachcooon

Some people said Telstra works better for WiFi calling. Do we mean Telstra internet or mobile?

Rachcooon

Did you ever get a resolution? I have the same issue

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
130 Kudos
127 Kudos
100 Kudos
86 Kudos
56 Kudos