Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
logan_derm
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why is Unlocking so hard

Brought a HTC Desire X at an auction, where it was in the bottom of a box of cameras and electrical equipment. Had no SIM, phone number scrubbed. Chased around the Optus website - no gains. Drove out to an Optus store - no, they couldn't do it aftre I waited 35 minutes. Rang a support number, talked to someone in Manila, my IMEI number not on the system, nothing they can do

This phone is only 5 or 6 years old, and one web page says if someone has spent more than $80.00, unlocking is free

My IMEI is 358835048140674

Why so hard, Optus

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Why is Unlocking so hard

Hi Logan_Derm,

If it's not in the system it may have been via an Optus reseller.

Generally only the Account Holder who activated the phone in their name can be provided the details of the unlock code.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Why is Unlocking so hard

@logan_derm I would suggest you contact the people who sold you the phone in the first place.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos