Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor luke62
New Contributor

Why is Optus is supporting fraud

Well I havc had $60 charged to my account over 2 bills from a scammer called MIA SPHERE.  woot cool4mob youlaugh2

I NEVER reequested such a service and despite searching google I still can't even figure out what service they offer.

During my search I did find hundreds of people who have also been scammed my MIA SPHERE.

So my question is why does OPTUS support the theft of money from my account ?

My other question is what did I recieve for my $60, I have never seen a thing ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Why is Optus is supporting fraud

Hi @luke62!

Yes! It seems that you've been subscribed to a premium contents / services. Well, you need to coordinate with Optus Care to block those charges from your account. They can also file a query log on your behalf so that the 3rd party company can call you after 2 business days to discuss where the charges originated and also if there's a possible refund. It is not Optus who charge you those amounts.

There's a default Spending Limit for every service number so that everyone can join competitions or subscribe to premium contents. It's not actually Optus has signed you up but your number has been acidentally signed up. There are number of  reasons how you will be subscribe to those third party company.

I'm also not sure what kind of service MIA Sphere is providing.

Please call Optus at 1300 555 002 if you are with Prepaid & 133 937 for postpaid so that they can discuss this further.

You can check more details about Premium contents / subscriptions by clicking here.

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! 😉

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! 😉
0 Kudos
New Contributor luke62
New Contributor

I did contact OPTUS they told me they had cancelled the subscriptions. Now 5 weeks later there was more charges. So OPTUS did not cancel anything.

I had problems with this over 12 months ago, OPTUS made me pay for this back then even though I never clicked on anything that said charge me $9.95 for premium services.

They cancelled all of my mobile and data SIM card in a series of errors that took in excess of 30 phone calls to fix cost me days of my life sitting on hold. Who would have thought cancelling a data pack could turn into all this

One of the many mistakes they made was increasing my SPENDING LIMITT. Now here I am frustrated and a little pissed off with OPTUS yet again.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey Luke - can you please private message me your full name, DOB and the mobile number? Will need to follow this up for you. Gen 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor FraudTarget
New Contributor

I am just about to sign my second stat dec for a phone fraudulantly obtained in my name.  The second one in only a matter of months. I am going to leave Optus when my contract runs out and go to prepaid

0 Kudos
New Contributor N_M
New Contributor

It is disgacefull that Optus encourages fraud by allowing Scammers such as Tap Gamez to utilise the Optus Billing System. Surely with all the complaints Option should have taken action.

Another major problem perpetuated with Optus is by  using date of birth as ID, Optus is also encouraging scammers. In reply to such fraud where the thieves used DOB to obtain a replacement SIM card to enable theft from my wifes bank accounts (by using weak bank systems which only send SMS as confirmations to prove ID). Optus said they would ask for a password. Dispite many requests to Optus they still only ask for DOB and never the password.

So my intention is to have the crowd to encourage Optus to stop such frauds, by actualy looking after their customers by taking effective action.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors