Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
user-id
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Why has 555 support stopped?

changed plan to Epic Data, still 555 not working.
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @user-id, are you still getting the same error message: "Optus advises the number you called is either incorrect or incomplete" ? So the Optus app, My Account online → https://www.optus.com.au/my-account-login and sms to 9999 all works fine only 555 is the issue? Have you got another prepaid service with us to confirm if the issue replicates?

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
user-id
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kartika. After changed plan to Epic Data yesterday, today I'm getting "Optus advises that the mobile number you are dialing has been disconnected" then hung up on.

Changes may be happening, but very slowly and somewhat oddly.

0 Kudos
user-id
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

bal to 9999 and Optus app are working fine
0 Kudos
user-id
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

repeating ... and with regard to calling 555 : I get "Optus advises that the mobile number you are dialing has been disconnected" then am hung up on.
0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

No worries @user-id.

It is still definitely weird that the "555" service isn't working for you at this stage, as there is no known issue or fault occurring with this service at this current moment. 

If possible, are you able to test out your SIM card in another device and see if the 555 call works from there? 

If you get the chance to try this and still have issues, there could potentially be something occurring on an account level that is causing this issue.

If that is the case, I would recommend getting in touch with our support team via the My Optus app to get further asisatnce.

If you have trouble getting in touch via the app, also feel free to send a message to our teams either Facebook or Twitter, as they can help investigate this matter further as well.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
user-id
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. Definitely seems to be just me. May just be a software update delay or such. I'll post any further development.
0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

No stress @user-id.

Always feel free to reach out again with any updates 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
user-id
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Have dealt with technical support - eventually decided upon me getting a new sim card (mine was about 10 years old model). Will advise further when I get it after S.A. Lock-down (might be Wednesday).

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

No worries @user-id, thank you for letting us know.

A new SIM card could definitely assist in having this "555" call error rectified. 

Feel free to let us know how things go once this has been completed. 

0 Kudos