Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
user-id
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why has 555 support stopped?

My 555 customer service suddenly unavailable after I contacted Optus? Is it still available to anyone?
0 Kudos
24 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: Why has 555 support stopped?

Hey @user-id. Does the call cut out after dialling 555? If you would like to check your Prepaid phone credit, balance & expiry date, check out our Prepaid Guide. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
user-id
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No. I get "Optus advises the number you called is either incorrect or incomplete".
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

@user-id Oh, that's odd! It's works fine from my end. Do you also have issues when you Text the word bal to 9999? Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
user-id
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, bal texted to 9999 works. 555 still doesn't.
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @user-id, its rather odd that this is happening. I have just tested my own prepaid service was able to get through and there are seemingly no other issues surrounding balance engagement.

Do you have the Optus App? If so, we would recommend performing a reset on your device and in the meantime, you can use the Optus App to keep up to date with balance and service details

0 Kudos
user-id
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I did phone reset, even off then on, Optus App has been working giving balance etc. before and after. But at $1.32 per MB of data, I need 555 so I can get balance and expiries etc. when out and about.
0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

No worries @user-id.

If you are needing to view your current balance and expiry date, this should be able to be viewed via the 9999 method, by sending "Bal".

If possible, are you able to clarify if you can view these details when trying this method? 

0 Kudos
user-id
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes Tina. I get balance with expiry date for that and "Your minutes" with expiry date for that.
0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

No worries @user-id.

If you can view your balance and expiry date via the 9999 method then that's great to hear.

It is definitely weird that the 555 method hasn't been working at this stage, but if you are able to view the necessary details via texting 'Bal' to 9999, then I recommend continuing to use this method.   

0 Kudos
Top Contributors