cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why does optus make this so hard...

I signed up for the 140gb mobile broadband data at $70 a month, firstly optus sent my sim card to the wrong address, then when I finally got through the automated message gauntlet (by lying and saying i was buying a new service) the dude transferred to a department that was closed because he was sales and 'doesn't deal with problems.' I finally got a sim card to be sent to my new address, but now for the life of me can't activate it. I have paid 2 months for a service I havnt used and have been forced to keep topping up my pre paid data and now tonight, I managed to login to my my account and find the new sim card optus sent me isn't even on the 140gb $70 mobile broadband I signed up for in the first place. What's my options?

I've paid $140 for 2 months of a service I haven't even used and have topped my pre paid up 4 times with $60 recharges to get 10gb of data. 

So $380 for 40gb of data in 2 months is kinda sucky. All I want is someone to help me sort it out without me having to navigate and lie in the automated messages.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Why does optus make this so hard...

Not sure how to help with your problem, but can sympathise with the issues with the optus support number.  Yesterday I counted 8 menu selections required just to talk to a person.

They really aren't doing much to improve the customer experience...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Why does optus make this so hard...

@Aggl Apologies for all the run around. Please feel free to send through your account details - full name, DOB and service number to us here so we can look into this for you.

0 Kudos