Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Why do some phone numbers come up as "unknown" rather than the number on my mobile screen.

fionaS

Re: Why do some phone numbers come up as "unknown" rather than the number on my mobile scr

Lando

Perhaps the person ringing has a 'silent number' or chosen not to share their number?

Re: Why do some phone numbers come up as "unknown" rather than the number on my mobile scr

fionaS

Yes, that must be it.  If I answer when the screen comes up as unknown it is always a telemarketer of sorts.

Solution

Lando

You could install a 3rd party app to show you if it's spam or not. Alternatively, if you own an Android device, you can search Caller ID and spam protection in your settings and turn it on. Your device will tell you if the caller ID has been reported as a Telemarketer or not.

Solution

Mike-N

Hey @fionaS. You might also want to take a look at our article on nuisance calls here. I'd suggest putting your number on the Do Not Call Register to prevent any legitimate telemarketing calls from being made to your number. Please let us know if you have any further questions Smiley Happy

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

fionaS

Thanks

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
140 Kudos
123 Kudos
120 Kudos
78 Kudos
72 Kudos