cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why can't I get through to anyone?????????

I had an issue with Optus last year regarding the Note 7 recall. 

The issue was resolved when someone from Customer Relations told me (in writing) that they will make the appropriate notes on my account to be able to get the Note 8 when it goes on pre-order.

I went to the Optus store and they tell me there are no notes, as if nothing ever happened.

When you owe Optus money, they throw the kitchen sink at you. When it's their turn to do something, good luck getting anything out of them.

TERRIBLE service.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Why can't I get through to anyone?????????

P.s. called 5 times, i was told to call back as the "accounts and general billing" dept were experiencing a high volume of calls. Called the Customer Relations guy 23 times (literally), left voicemails and sent emails. Been trying to get onto chat for 3 hours and counting - refreshed screen, even tried using a different computer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Have you tried a different browser for chat? I haven't had a problem ever getting through on chat (rarely call) so I tend to think it might be a simple problem that could be fixed with a different browser or clearing cache/cookies etc. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi mate thanks for the reply.

Believe it or not, i've tried Chrome, IE and Firefox (I tried a few different computers in the office).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Hmmm no good. Maybe a different link? I know this isn't necessarily helping get it sorted but the one I use with very little issue is http://yesopt.us/chat2us 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

nope nothing comes up but a little (sim-card sized) logo.

Thanks anyway

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

aarrgghh stupid site added something to the end of that. Take 2 - http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I tested and the first broke but that 1 worked!

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

What's actually preventing you from pre-ordering? Did you get a new phone after returning the Note 7?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Your not alone with this problem. I also have been trying to get in contact with Optus, Live Chat comes up as being offline, nothing happens when I click on Feedback. They are aware that I have a problem with my billing but they seem to choose to ignore it. At this stage I think the easiest way to directly to Ombudsman with two complaints. First is their billing on my account and the second is their Complaints Resolution process.

0 Kudos