Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Why are no solutions visible?

@YetAnotherAccI did not know in the past you could private message on yescrowd. There seems to be an overall process little by little change at a time of moving issues away from public forums / areas so that the public do not know how good or BAD optus is at helping their customers.

0 Kudos
thestuburns
New Contributor
New Contributor

I thought the point of having this forum was to allow other users to offer solutions to tech problems which would free up Optus staff to deal with problems related to customer accounts etc that can't be solved by instructions or technical workarounds. Things like handset function and other aspects of tech use could easily be addressed by members without the need to tie up paid operators at Optus. I have had my query resolved after contacting a rep, and in this case it was something that needed account access, but several other queries along the same lines were marked as "resolved" when in fact they were just referred to an Optus team member. The whole point of this existing is to allow customers to solve their own problems without tying up additional resources. If the standard response is an Optus staff member being on deck to tell people to contact them directly, I fail to see the value in maintaining the site at all.
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Any open forum is a bit risky for a company. Many people come to complain or are upset. In Optus full favour is they have never once censored posts (other than abusive or bad language). But I agree with the above that a decision was made a while back to slowly shut down the forum. Functionality has been steadily removed and mod support once something of a place to go to get those curly problems looked at properly, is now just a place of referral.

As I understand it the mods view all Optus portals Twitter, here, Facebook etc through a single custom interface. Perhaps Optus will reboot the forum one day.
0 Kudos
Lauramayb
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

As far as I can see, the value of this forum is that other users often seem to have a better idea of what’s going on than the person you get on the helplines (or at least are free to speak independent of whatever bizarre decrees might be given to staff by management?)
I’ve had far more success finding resolutions here than on the official support page, where you go round in circles being given the same basic-101 instructions that don’t address the actual problems. And I’ve had one issue resolved by referring the technician directly to the link here where a user explains exactly what the problem is and how it needs to be resolved from the technician’s end - saved me a lot of headache and time.
But yeh, it’s definitely not the place to seek support from Optus staff, they’re limited in what they’re allowed to do, better to learn here, then contact them via their preferred means!
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Lauramayb110% agree and it's getting worse. There only seem to be a few as in most of the users that have responded on this thread where they are indicating that Optus have issues have heck of ALLOT of knowledge IMHO and are willing to try and help people if they can.

BTW a) forums.whirlpool.net.au is also a good site to find answer. b) Agree with the Optus QOS.

Thanks for the post.