Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Blaktop
New Contributor
New Contributor

Which prepaid plan?

I'm new to Optus. Always been with Telstra as I work remotely and need the coverage. However over the last couple of years a number of black spots in the coverage have been covered by Optus. Since we don't have local roaming in Australia (unlike the rest of the world....hehe) I need to also carry an Optus device. I only need to use it on odd days, no more than 3 days a week. Mostly I need data rather than calls.

I'm struggling to work out which prepaid plan is suitable. I'm used to paying an amount and getting a particular amount of data/calls/texts, generally with a 28 day expiry. How can a $30 Daily Plus recharge charged at $2 a day have a 186 day expiry?? In a 7 day period I'm going to be out of Optus coverage for 4 days Do I get charged $2 a day for them.

I don't know why they can't make it simple.....pay $30, get 3Gb (or whatever) and when it's gone.....pay again.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Which prepaid plan?

Optus prepaid sucks, unless you want to watch unmetered Netflix.

But the Plus plan will cost $2 for any day that you use data or ring anyone. Android smartphones will obey you and turn the data off, but iPhones would need to be turned right off and hit with a brick, to be sure. Daily Plus used to work really well with dumphones or if you just wanted 1GB for a day, when your other plan ran out.

Try Amaysim. They have a $10 per month unlimited plan.

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Check out the CIS for the daily plan here. This would probably be best for you as you only pay $2 for the days you need. As long as you don't use the service after 12:00am, you won't be charged for that day.

The simpler plans you're referring to would be the Ultimate Plus plans, $30 gets you unlimited calls/texts and a set amount of data for 28 days. Check out the CIS for this plan here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Blaktop
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the input guys. I've decided to go with Amayasim.......$10 a month, 1Gb data, renews every 28 days......no hidden costs, easy and simple to understand what you're getting.

0 Kudos