cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Whats this CloudFlare

My Samsung A8 got a pushed update last week  to Android 9 (pie) I checked my Data usage and there is something called CloudFlare on it thats using 28% of my Data.

I had a lookj on the A8 checked the Apps but cannot find anything related to this CloudFlare. After doing a google itis apparentley included in Android 9. I do not want it but cannot find anyway to disable it......anyone else got this CloudFlare.

cheers

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Whats this CloudFlare

Cloudflare is a hosting provider.

Numerous websites and apps use it to host websites and files, one or more of your apps is using cloudflare.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Thanks for the reply...is there anyway to see which App is using it...?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Unless your phone breaks down usage by app then you could narrow it down. 

My note 8 has this functionality so uts most likely on all android devices. This is nirmally where the phones network settings are. 

My previous iphone had a similar page where it gace a breakdown of data used by particular apps. 

Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I have had a look at my Apps and cannot find anything that is associated with this CloudFlare.After doing some googling on it it says that the latest nadroid update (9) (pie) has it, and is something to do with private DNS As i do not want to use this because of the Data use how can i uninstall it.

I am presuming it got installed after the last update Or should i contact Optus and ask them why its using my Data.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Cloudflare also provide a free public dns service intop of their primary business of hosting files and websites. 

Optus wont have info on what apps use what data on your phone.

You will need to narrow it down on your device.

Apps wont be called cloudflare, app developers choose a host for their apps and this is where they use cloudflare. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Maybe time for a factory reset....Man Frustrated

0 Kudos
Top Contributors