Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
fejipwfjepwofje
New Contributor
New Contributor

What's happening Optus: Aggressive Payment Collection, neglecting customers

I have been with optus for as long as I can remember. I have missed a payment and I would get a call from Optus more than ten times a day (early morning to late night) from five different numbers. Most of the calls would not identify themselves as Optus. I set up an payment arrangement but I could only contribute partly. Still I the contribution I made is not far off from agreed. The day after that my service is restricted and I cannot make any calls. Trying to get through to an agent on live chat impossible. Takes more than 20 minutes to get an agent on board and the agent would not even reply to you. Okay I understand covid-19 has obviously impacted the business. But same here.  I am very upset with the kind of approach Optus uses to handle their customers. I got an impression that they are like loan sharks. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's happening Optus: Aggressive Payment Collection, neglecting customers

Hmm that sounds poor given you made an attempt at paying the amount. Did you speak with the Financial difficulties hotline? 

https://www.optus.com.au/about/legal/financial-hardship

0 Kudos
Kristy_YC

Hi there. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about the experience you've had with our Financial Services Team. 

We understand Covid-19 has caused major distress to everyone in Australia especially those who have been in lockdown. Rest assured, we've already passed this onto our relevant team to review. 

If you are wanting to lodge a complaint, you may fill out this online form here via this link → https://bit.ly/3p9FFIL

Your assigned Case Manager will be in touch with you as soon as he/she is able to. 

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

How can you forward this onto the "relevant team to review." when you have no details of the customer to identify them?

0 Kudos
fejipwfjepwofje
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, just want to clarify that I am not antagonizing Optus. until now I had no issue with the company and my feelings are still neutral.

I was able to resolve the issue partly, most of the service restored except I still do not have an internet service after 8 hours of waiting. 

Anyways, things worked out peacefully in the end. I wish to maintain good relationship with Optus and hope we could sustain the mutual respect 🙂

0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Thanks for getting back to us on this, @fejipwfjepwofje

We do appreciate that you have taken the time to raise this with us here. 

If you are still needing assistance with your account, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app.

If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, you can also send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors